Throne Room

King Triton sits on his throne with Sebastian by his shoulder as he lectures Ariel. Flounder watches from afar, worriedly.

"I just don't know what we're going to do with you, young man."

"Daddy, I'm sorry, I just forgot, I -'' Ariel tried to defend himself, but was promptly ignored.

"As a result of your careless behavior -" King Triton was also interrupted.

"Careless and reckless behavior!" Sebastian came out from the king's crown, making himself known.

"- the entire celebration was, er -"

Sebastian, now hiding in the king's beard, interjected again, "Well, it was ruined! That's all. Completely destroyed! This concert was to be the pinnacle of my distinguished career. Now thanks to you I am the laughing stock of the entire kingdom!"

"But it wasn't her fault! (nervously speaking as he realizes what he's gotten himself into) Ah - well - first, ahh, this shark chased us - yeah - yeah! And we tried to-" Flounder stood up for Ariel, awkwardly retelling the shark story.

King Triton and Sebastian look to one another, raising a brow, unconvinced.

"But we couldn't - and - grrrrrrrrr - and - and we - (spinning around) whoooaaaaaa - oh, and then we were safe. But then this seagull came, and it was 'this is this, and that is that,' and -" Flounder didn't realize his mistake until it was too late.

"Seagull?" King Triton lifted his fist from his jaw, shock in his eyes.

Flounder gasps, putting his fins up to his mouth, realizing he gave Ariel away. Flounder hides behind Ariel as he looks back angrily at him.

"What? Oh - you went up to the surface again, didn't you? Didn't you?" The king angrily asked.

Ariel backs up, wide-eyed.

"Nothing - happened..." Ariel played with his hair, smiling at his father.

King Triton tiredly smacked a hand on his face, "Oh, Ariel, How many times must we go through this? You could've been seen by one of those barbarians - by - by one of those humans!"

"Daddy, they're not barbarians!" Ariel argued.

"They're dangerous," King Triton picked up Ariel's chin, " Do you think I want to see my only son snared by some fish-eater's hook?"

Ariel backed away and shook his head.

"I'm sixteen years old - I'm not a child anymore -"

King Triton wagged his finger angrily at the read-head, "Don't you take that tone of voice with me young man."

"Well-"

"As long as you live under my ocean, you'll obey my rules!"

"If- But if you would just listen -" Ariel tried to gain his father's attention, but he wasn't in the mood to listen.

"Not another word - and I am never, never to hear of you going to the surface again. Is that clear?" King Triton turned towards Ariel again, fuming as he gave orders to his son.

Ariel's lip quivers. He exhales shakily and swims away with Flounder tailing behind.

Triton sits on his throne and rests his head in his hand.

"Hm! Teenagers... They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you." Sebastian crossed his arms, as if he was a parent.

"Do you, er, think I - I was too hard on him?" King Triton asked, concerned.

"Definitely not. Why, if Ariel was my son, I'd show him who was boss. None of this "flitting to the surface" and other such nonsense. No, sir - I'd keep him under tight control." Sebastian sassed.

Triton rubs his chin and suddenly has a lightbulb moment.

"You're absolutely right, Sebastian."

"Of course." Sebastian nodded with his arms crossed.

"Ariel needs constant supervision."

"Constant."

"Someone to watch over her - to keep her out of trouble." King Triton continued to smile.

"All the time -"

King Triton poked Sabastian in his belly, "And you are just the crab to do it."

Sebastian's eyes go wide.