💔 EIGHTEEN 💔

(This chapter contains Maxiel!)

Mick and Lando were playing children's uno at the living room table. Mick had won most of the rounds so Lando was getting annoyed. The German wasn't too competitive but Lando on the other hand was overly competitive. Everything was a competition to the Brit. Mick wasn't much of a sore loser and congratulated others when they won. Lando seemed like the kind of person to throw a table at someone when he lost. But Seb was watching them and everybody knew how angry Sebastian would get if Mick got injured.

Daniel was being quite clingy to Max after how he had acted at the theme park. He tried to keep Max away from the Monegasque and shot him a dirty look once or twice.

Carlos was chatting with Charles about how they were preparing for Singapore. But something else came up in this conversation.

"I think Daniel is annoyed at me." Charles whispered, conscious that the Australian was only a room away. Carlos lowered his voice to reply.

"Why? What happened?" The Spaniard questioned.

"I'm not sure. I think it is something to do with the theme park but I can't put a finger on it." The Monegasque murmured.

"Maybe he is jealous of you and Max!" Carlos grinned, almost as if a lightbulb had lit up in his brain.

"Maybe? I mean... I don't know why though. He doesn't think me and Max are best friends, right?" Charles was in deep thought.

"I guess he does, but I wouldn't be shocked if he..." Carlos' voice trailed off as he lowered his tone, "had a crush on him..." He whispered. Charles' eyes widened, that must be it! Well, he didn't like Max in that way.

"What should I do?"

"Well do you love Max?"

"No!"

"Are you sure?" Carlos joked.

"I'm sure!" Charles huffed.

"OK, OK! Just let him know you're not interested. Go ask if you can talk to him privately." Carlos suggested, his voice calm.

"If you say so." Charles mumbled before standing up and walking away, towards the Dutchman and Aussie. Daniel shot a warning glare at him but held in a sigh as the Monegasque approached anyway.

"Daniel can I talk to you privately please?" He asked softly.

"Sure." Daniel mumbled, heaving himself up and saying goodbye to Max before following Charles outside.

"What's going on? You're being such a prick to me! I don't know if you're jealous or something but I can be good friends with Max too! You don't own him!" Charles snapped, he had debated being a bit nicer but he was irritated. Carlos and Max watched from their seats, noticing the angry expressions.

"Nothing is going on! I'm not jealous!" Daniel protested angrily, his brows furrowed.

"Then why do you keep shooting glares at me and being horrible?!" Charles demanded answers.

"Fine! Maybe I am jealous he picksd you over me!" Daniel blurted out. Charles calmed down and his expression lightened. Meanwhile Fernando was listening in as he had the window open in his room. The Alpine driver grinned at the drama as he listened in.

"That's all I wanted to know. Just stop being a bit of a jerk to me. He's my friend and it isn't changing anytime soon." The Monegasque spoke firmly before walking inside. Daniel stood there with a disappointed look on his face, staring after the man. He heaved a heavy sigh and stormed inside, heading up to his room. It was safe to say he wasn't in a good mood today. He hadn't slept well or had any coffee so that might be why.

George was in the Thai driver's room and they were just talking with each other.

Fernando was letting Sebastian and Lewis in on the Daniel+Charles gossip.  Lewis acted like he knew it already but he totally didn't. It was like when you spread gossip with your mates at school about the younger students. It was always absolutely class gossip as well.