Im sorry

1991 February
11pm

You're being dragged into a club by your friend, Taylor. You wanted to spend the weekend alone. You weren't in the mood to party.

You and Marshall got into a huge fight and he stormed out. He's been getting irritated with you over the smallest things ever since his uncle Ronnie passed away. You try your best to go easy on him understanding where he's coming from as your brother died from an overdose a few years back. But it's very, very hard. He said he needed some space for a while, so you gave it to him.

"Tay, I really don't wanna fuckin' be here." You speak with a whiny tone "C'mon girl, live a little!" She responds. You groan at her as she practically drags you to the bar.
"(Y/N) you've gotta lighten up, just relax girl." She says putting her hands on your shoulders shaking you lightly.

You can't relax. Marshall's going through a hard time. He's been taking all of his anger out on you. You try, you try, you try, but everything you do seems to tick him off.

"What can I get you two ladies?" The male bartender asks throwing a small rag over his shoulder. "A Appletini for me and a..." Tay waits for you to order. "Gin and tonic." You ask knowing that drink will get you drunk the fastest. The bartender nods.

"You've never ordered a Gin and tonic girl. What's up with you?" Tay asks raising her eyebrows. When she asked what was wrong earlier today, you made up some lame reason not wanting to talk about what actually happened with you and Marshall.

You shrug. "Just wanted to try somethin' new. That's all." The bartender hands you your drinks and you down yours immediately.

...

A couple of drinks and drunk men asking for your numbers later, you're not too drunk, but you're close. You sit at the bar alone bobbing your head to the music. Tay ditched you to go dance with some guy a few minutes ago.

You're not enjoying yourself at all. Thinking the alcohol would help your nerves calm down and temporarily make you forget about Marshall, it did the exact opposite. All you can do is think about him. You sit there worried about your relationship with him. It makes you wanna cry, but you can't in front of everyone here.

You consider going to the dance floor as one of your favorite songs come on. This is probably the only good song they've played tonight, so why the fuck not. You get up from your chair not planning on dancing with anyone. Just by your self, you don't mind dancing alone. As you walk towards the dance floor you sway your hips to the beat but abruptly stop when you see Marshall.

Why the hell is he here? You didn't think when he meant 'space' that he meant getting drunk at a club. As you walk further into the dance floor you see some blonde girl grinding herself into him. 

Are you fucking serious?

He opens his eyes and looks over seeing you staring at him on the verge of crying. He has a terrified look on his face as he pushes the girl off of him.

You run. You don't know where, you just run. You find your self outside of the club sitting on a bench crying with your face in your hands. Minutes go by and Marshall isn't outside. Your glad he didn't come to check on you, you don't want shit to do with him right now. But you're partly hurt, you were hoping he'd come running for you. You were hoping he'd maybe comfort you or explain himself, but he's not here.

What a dick.

You wipe your tears as you see a man sit next to you in the corner of your eye. You have no interest in who it is because you know it isn't Marshall. "Hey pretty." The man speaks with a deep voice. You look over. He's quite handsome, he wears slick clean clothes. Too clean for a club. A clean face, big brown eyes, a nice masculine figure, and short brown hair. "Hi." You respond with an emotionless tone. "Are you okay?" The man asks. You nod your head yes. "You don't look okay." He says. "What do you want?" You ask rather harshly. "I just wanted to get you a few drinks. You seem quite sad, I bet I could cheer you up." He answers. You look away and think about what to say. You're already kind of drunk, but obviously not enough. You want to feel numb. So why the fuck not?