Before sun rise

July 21st 1992.
9Pm.

Laying with your back on your bed, hands behind your head, staring at your bedroom ceiling as you lip sync along to Visions Of Love by Mariah Carey. You hear a knock on your window making you snap your head towards the sound. Seeing Marshall outside of the window, you smile at him as you get up from your bed walking towards the window. You unlock the locks before pulling the window up for him.

Marshall is always coming to your house unexpectedly, either missing you or needing a place to stay because his mom kicked him out again.

Or both. But you don't mind at all. You enjoy his company.

You and Marshall are more than friends but definitely not dating as
he just got out of a toxic relationship with his ex girlfriend, Kim. He says he wants to take things slow and you agree with him. You being 17, turning 18 in a few months and Marshall being 20 you've never had intercourse with him, not because of his age, just because you're simply not ready yet. You've never had sex before.

"Hey Marsh." You say moving out of the way as he trips a bit catching himself quickly and climbing through the window of your room. You bite your lip trying to conceal your laugh.

"Wassup." Marshall says with that same deep Detroit accent that makes you fold every. Single. Damn. Time. He leans into a hug kissing your forehead as the song by Mariah replays in the background for the 100th time tonight. "My mom kicked me out again." He says sighing as he sits on the edge of your bed. "What did you do this time, Marshall." You ask with a grin putting your legs on each side of him sitting on his lap, face to face as you wrap your arms around his neck. "Shit, why do you assume it's my fault?" He says as he wraps his arms around your waist pulling you in closer.

"It usually is." You joke with a breathy laugh scanning the features of his face. "You right." He laughs jerking his chin at you. "Nah for real though, I don't know why she kicked me out. The bitch woke me up from my fuckin' nap, hollerin' and shit. Still don't know what her deal was." He says drawing his eyebrows together squinting his eyes in confusion as he talks.

The way his body moves when he's talking is so adorable. The way his eye twitches when he talks, the way his arms move around emphasizing his words. It's so cute.

You stare at Marshall adoring his beep blue eyes. "What?" He says frowning at you. You smirk at him. "You are so cute." Marshall jerks his head back drawing his eyebrows together "I ain't fuckin' cute." You laugh at him. "Yes you are!"  "No im not, i'm hot"  "Yes, but, you're still cute." You giggle. "Nahh." "Yes!" "No!" "Yes!" "Nuh uh." "Ye- Ahh!"Marshall picks you up, turns around and throws you onto the bed. "Omg Marshall!" You squeal out as he tickles you. "Stop! Stop!!" You shout hitting his hands. Marshall pins your wrists above your head to stop you from using them. "You asked for it!" He laughs out. "Marshall plea-"

You hear a door open and close from down stairs. Marshall stops tickling you and the both of your heads snap towards the sound. "Shit my moms home." You lightly push Marshall to get off of you. "I thought you said she was working until 11?" He says looking at you confused. "I guess she got off early. But it's ok, you can stay just be quiet." Marshall nods and you hear his stomach growl. "I'm gonna go down stairs to say hi to my mom, do you want anything to eat?" You point your hand towards your door. "Yeah sure, thanks." He kisses your cheek before you leave.

Marshall's POV

(Y/N) must've heard my stomach growlin' since she asked me if I wanted something to eat. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast, and all I had was butter toast.