Insecurties

1999

Y/N POV
You sit on the edge of your bed looking into the full body mirror that sits against your wall. Only wearing panties and a t-shirt as you pick apart every little thing that bothers you... and when I mean everything... I mean everything. There's just a non stop list of shit that you think is wrong with you.. the flaws are so loud to you and it hurts.. you're too self conscious to even live life properly now..

It's like ever since Marshall got famous ... you've seen all of these girls at his concert and back stage waiting to meet him. And you just think they just look 10x better than you. Huge tits, blonde hair, godly figures, bright blue eyes... it's just something that you don't have..

Why would Marshall even want you?? After seeing all of those beautiful women?...why would he want you??!

Tears fall from your eyes as you hide your face in your hands. Wishing you were somebody else.. something different than you, something better than you. Just anything, anything would be better than thi-

"Wassup, baby." Marshall walks through the bedroom door.

You didn't even hear him come into the house...You thought he'd still be out for a few hours. It's only 5Pm.

You quickly pick your head up from your hands, wiping your tears as quickly as you can before he notices anything.

"Hi." You respond trying your best to put on a smile as you get up quickly from the bed.

Marshall walks up to you, about to give you a kiss but his eyebrows draw together instead.

"Was you cryin'?" He asks tilting his head to the side a bit.

The fuck?? How did he know?

"What? No." You shake your head..

"Yes you was, yo nose is as red as Rudolph's and you look fuckin' high, yo. You can't fool me, girl..." His eyes squint as he smirks.

Your eyes and nose gets red when you cry.. you didn't think it was too noticeable though.

"What's wrong, baby? Talk to me." Marshall juts his chin out towards you.

"Nothing Marshall, I'm alright." You shake your head, turning your face away from his eye contact.

"There's something wrong, Y/N. You wasn't just cryin for no reason at all. Tell me what's up.....Please? I wanna help you out." Marshall tries making eye contact with you again, putting his hand on your cheek, gently turning your face back to him.

You roll your eyes... why is he so nosy.

"Just- like... girl stuff, Marshall, leave me alone." You try walking away from him but he grabs you, putting you back where you were.

"Nuh uh! What's up, yo??... What is you tryna hide from me...? I'm yo boyfriend... you talk to me about anything and everything, baby.... I don't know what's wrong, Y/N. But I still wanna help... even if I can't.. I still wanna know... Ion want you to cry and ion want you to be sad. Please just let me know what's up." He looks into your eyes sincerely.

You take a deep breath in, realizing there's no way you're gonna be able to go about your day unless you tell Marshall what's wrong.

Rolling your eyes once again, you finally speak.

"Just insecurities, Marshall. It's nothing really.. I was just having a moment." You wave your hand in a 'forget-about-it' type motion.

"Aight, well let's talk about-"

"Oh my goddd, Marshall! Can you please, just-"

"Y/N, No! I wanna help you! I'm not finna leave you here just crying over something so stupid-"