I Love You

2000 September
12am

You're reading a book. Deeply invested into the story, your home phone starts ringing. You roll your eyes at being interrupted from
your good book. You put your book mark on the page you were on not wanting to lose the chapter. As you walk to the dining room you wondering who could be calling you at this time of night.

You pick up the phone and immediately hear loud music in the back ground. "Heyyyy baby!" Marshall yells through the phone.
You flinch and pull the phone away from your ear from his loud voice. "(Y/N)!?"

"What do you want Marshall." You question with a cold tone still mad at him. You and Marshall were at a club a couple days ago. He was drunk and high out of his mind, and you caught some bitch kissing up on him. He didn't even know you saw him until you told him later that night. You had asked him if they did anything more than kiss and he hesitated but said no. His hesitation gave off the right answer so you called a cab and went home. He didn't call, he didn't come to check on you or at least send someone to check on you, which made you even more angry.

"What's wrong baby?" He asks slurring his words. "Are you drunk Marshall?" He laughs through the phone as the music becomes less loud guessing he went into another room.
"Marshall!"

"I missed you sooo much (Y/N)." He says avoiding your question so you ask again. "Marshall are you drunk?" You say slower. He laughs again "Maybeeeee... but that doesn't matter. I wish you were here with meee."

"Call me when your not drunk I don't want you saying anything you regret." You roll your eyes.

"I didn't say I was drunk baby." He says trying to make his voice convincing. "Marshall it's obvious that you're drunk." You say raising your voice.

"I was kiddddinggg." He laughs clearly lying to you. There's silence for a few seconds. "(Y/N), Why are you mad at meee?" He asks with a whiny voice.

"Did you fuckin' lose your memory over night or something? You had a girl all over you while I was in the same room with you Marshall! And then you had the audacity to not call me!" You shout into the phone throwing ur hands around in anger.
"I was hurt you didn't check on me! Especially after what you did!" You let out your feelings. "You could've called or something I don't fucking kno-" Marshall cuts you off. "I love you."

Silence.

"What?"

"I love you (Y/N)." He says slurring his words. "Your drunk Marshall. I don't want you saying that intoxicated. You probably don't mean it." You say not believing his words as he's never said that to you before.

"I'm for real (Y/N). I love you." He pauses "I've known for a while now."

"Really?"

"Really."

You think about what to say. You don't know wether to say it back or to hang up. He's drunk, and when he's drunk he says and does things he doesn't actually mean.

"I love you too." You accidentally blurt out.

Shit.

You can hear him smiling through the phone. "Yo imma be over in a few." Before you could say anything he hangs up.

You feel your self grow less mad rather quickly as you wait for him. Replaying the sound of him saying 'i love you' over, and over again in your head making you blush every time.

It's so weird how he can make your mood change with in seconds. One second your yelling at him infuriated and the next your blushing and giggling at his words. It's kind of scary the control he has over you.