The new plan

Jay walked through the door of Mal and Evie's dorm. "Hey." He said to the others as they all said "Hi" and "Hello." Carlos whistled as he saw Jay parade around in his new Jersey. He leant an arm against the pillar of Mal's bed, "So, did your plan work with Jane?" He asked rhetorically. "Are you going over to to see the wand?" Mal tightened her lips before she spoke, "Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?" She snapped. Jay backed off, "Someone's in a bad mood." Mal perked up, "My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!" She flicked Carlos' head. Jay put a hand up. "We can do this...if we stick together." Mal blinked her eyes twice before talking, "And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten..." "to the core." her friends finished. All of the vks were sitting together now, but Jack wasn't in the room. He had gone off on his own ever since his awkward encounter with Evie. But then she remembered something. "Oh yeah, I found out that Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at Coronation and we all get to go." Mal slowly looked up when she heard this. "I have nothing to wear, of course." Evie said, and in that moment she started to think about Jack. She sighed sadly as she thought about him. Just then the door knocked. "Hold that thought..." Mal said as she put down her spell book. She opened to door and to her surprise, it was Ben. "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today, I was wondering if you have any questions or anything that you needed." Mal shook her head. "Not that I know of." The vks shook their heads, but then Evie remembered. "Have you seen Jack anywhere?" She asked Ben hopefully and with curious eyes. "Uh, no. I haven't seen him all day." He answered, and she sighed while pursing her lips. "Well, if you need anything just..." he said as he started to walk away. Mal snapped up and remembered her question, "Oh, wait!" He stopped and looked at her. "Is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" She asked him. "Yeah, the whole school goes. Mal put on a pretentious smile, and a fake voice of excitement for Ben. "That is beyond exciting." She said as he smiled at her. "Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?" She asked as the others nodded and stared at Ben. He folded his hands together and sighed. "I wish you could. Up front it's just me, my folks and my girlfriend." Mal froze as her lips parted lightly. "And your girlfriend?" "Yeah. I'm sorry." Ben replied. She pondered this for a minute, and said "Okay. Thanks, bye." Before closing the door on him as he said, "Oh, but, no, there's plenty of..." and the door closed. Mal got an idea as she looked at the vks. "I think it's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell." Carlos threw Mal her book, and she caught it. Later that night, they were all in the kitchen, except for Jack.

"All right

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Carlos picked up an onion. "Let's just chop up some onions." Mal threw up her hands. "No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness." She said while pointing at her book. And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." Evie nodded. "A tear's a tear." Jay replied, "That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie said and Mal smiled. "Listen to you." She said in a singing voice. Jay shook his head, "Yeah, I knew that." Carlos nudged him. "Did not." "Yeah, I did." Jay replied. All of a sudden, the door opened. Evie perked up, hoping it was Jack, but it wasn't. It was Lonnie. "There you are, Mal! I was looking for you." Mal quickly covered up her spellbook. Evie put her hand on the counter to try and act natural. "You know, all the girls want you to do their hair!" Mal tried to hold a smile, but it was difficult for her. Lonnie looked at the cookie dough. "Midnight snack, huh? Whatcha guys making?" Mal wrinkled her nose and looked at Evie. "Nothing special. Just cookies." Lonnie took her finger and dipped it in to taste. "Oh. No! No!" She cried out, "Wait, wait, wait!" Carlos called out as he held out his hand, and Evie held out her hand as well. Lonnie tasted the dough off of her finger. "What? I'm not gonna double dip." She replied. "Feel anything?" Evie asked. "Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal asked nervously. Jay decided to try and make a move on Lonnie. He held onto the poles of the kitchen, he grinned and stared into Lonnie's eyes. "Hey there." She felt weirded out by him and gave him a stern look. She put on a fake smile before saying, "It could use some chips." Jay's smile faded, "Chips?" Mal sighed and said, "And those are..." she shook her head. "Chocolate chips." Lonnie replied. "Just the most important food group." She said while taking a glass bowl of them out of the refrigerator. "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys like, chocolate chip cookies?" She asked. Mal and Evie looked up at her with confused faces. "Like, when you're feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." Mal shook her head and pursed her lips.

Jay crossed his arms and looked to the side

Jay crossed his arms and looked to the side. Carlos looked up with an astonished face. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" Lonnie asked them. Mal shook her head and continued to stir. "It's just different where we're from." She said sadly. "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought...Even villains love their kids." Mal looked even more sad, and Evie sighed softly as she closed her eyes. "Oh." Lonnie sighed, "How awful." She soothed as she touched Mal's hand. Mal noticed the tear coming down Lonnie's cheek and immediately picked it up. "Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night." Mal talked as she ushered Lonnie out of the kitchen. "Okay, okay." Lonnie replied as she left them. "I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal sang with a fake smile as she waved at Lonnie until she left. "Goodnight." Lonnie replied. "Goodnight, see you tomorrow." She continued. Once Lonnie was gone, Mal clapped her hands and looked at the boys. "Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven." She ordered. Evie held up the cookie dough and followed her best friend. "Yes, ma'am."
Once the cookies were baked, Mal put them in a secret compartment in one of the refrigerators. After the vks left, Evie stayed behind. She washed some apples from a bowl and gathered them. She was preparing to make apple pies.

Evie thought to herself, 'If I can just show people how good I am, maybe it'll help me make some new friends

Evie thought to herself, 'If I can just show people how good I am, maybe it'll help me make some new friends.' She began to slice the apples before making the dough for the crust. She hummed and sang to herself, though the whole time, she couldn't help thinking about Jack. Ever since their time under the bleachers, he'd been on her mind. She kept thinking about his face, his smile, his good looks, everything. And she pictured herself sharing an intimate kiss with him near a castle. And as she did, her heart beat like crazy. She continued on with the baking, separating one that she made with a truth potion Mal had shown her. Over the one pie, she shed a small tear, and it was one of sadness because she really missed Jack. Having not seen him all day really made her sad, but she continued to concentrate on making the other pies, she made three of them. After they finished baking, she set them on the counter to cool. Mal finally walked in. "E, what are you doing?" She asked. Evie took off her oven mitts. "Oh, um, I was just, making some pies." Mal chuckled, "I can see that, but why?" She asked her again. "Well, I wanna prove to the people in Auradon that I'm more than just a pretty face, and that I'm not totally evil." She said. Mal shook her head. "But you are evil, and you don't have to prove anything to anyone." She said with a smile. Evie pursed her lips and looked down. Mal suddenly realized. "I know that look. You're falling for someone, aren't you?" She asked her best friend, who remained shy even more. "Is it Jay?" Evie shook her head. "Carlos?" She shook her head again. "Jack?" Evie bit her lip and tried to look away from Mal. "I knew it. Just be careful, E. I don't fully trust him. He may have helped us, but that doesn't mean he's on our side." She said. Mal was always skeptical about Jack. She felt that no one other than herself, Evie, Carlos and Jay could be trusted. "M, there's something about him. Something that, I've never felt before about anyone. I wanna get to know him and see if it's meant to be." She said with a hopeful voice. "Look, E, you can get to know him, just don't pour your heart out for him, if he won't take it." She said with a cautious tone, and Evie nodded. "I hope this works." She said as she marked the pie with one piece of truth potion in it. She hadn't felt right about inducing a potion in his pie, but she was desperate to try and get him to confess his feelings for her if there were any. Only time would tell.