01

Feyre was practicing her magic and was attempting to move a book with her mind. Despite the strain on her head, she pushed forward, determined. She felt the magic course through her veins as the book started to levitate. It might have made it a few feet in the air, if it wasn't for a sudden tremor and a dragon's roar.

Syrax. Feyre thought. Rhaenyra must have finished her ride.

"You're getting better."

Feyre looked up to see her friend, Alicent Hightower, staring at her from across the carriage, "How can I call myself the Realm's Mage if I can't even lift a bloody book?"

"You're being too hard on yourself," Alicent sighs, "You just need some practice, but I know you'll get it soon."

This made Feyre smile; her friend's support meant the world to her, "Thank you, Alicent."

"Of course," Alicent held her hand out, "Now, let us go greet our princess before she rides off on that dragon of hers again."

Feyre laughed and grabbed ahold of Alicent's waiting hand. The young ladies exit the carriage to greet Rhaenyra, who was walking towards them.

"Syrax is growing quickly," Alicent told her, "She'll soon be as large as Caraxes."

Rhaenyra looked back at her dragon with pride, "That's almost large enough to saddle two."

Alicent stared at Syrax and Feyre could see the fear in her eyes, "I beleive I'm quite content as a spectator, thank you."

Rhaenyra pouted as Alicent went back into the carriage, and looked towards Feyre, "How about you, my sweet Feyre? Will you ever join me on dragon-back?"

"Maybe one day, my princess," Feyre spoke softly, her green eyes meeting Rhaenyra's lavender.

The two stared into each other's eyes before they heard one of the dragon maesters speaking Valyrian, trying to coax Syrax back into the Dragon Pit. They watched as the large beast crawled back into her home.
Feyre cleared her throat, breaking the tension, "We should begin our journey back to the castle. The queen shall certainly be worried, and you shouldn't be late for the Small Council."

Rhaenyra opened her mouth as if she wanted to say something. She hesitated before nodding and following her friend into the carriage.

After a long carriage ride, the three girls made it home to King's Landing, changed Rhaenyra's dress, and were now walking the halls of The Red Keep, arm in arm. They separated once they reached Queen Aemma's chambers, where the queen was being tended to by some nurses and her maids.

"Rhaenyra," Aemma greeted, "You know I don't like you to go flying while I'm in this condition."

"You don't like me to go flying when you're in any condition."

Aemma chuckled and looked behind her daughter, "Good morrow Alicent, Feyre."

Both girls bowed their heads, "Your Grace."

Rhaenyra walks toward her mother and sat down in a chair near her, "Did you sleep?"

"I slept," Aemma replied.

"How long?" Rhaenyra pressed on.

Aemma scoffed softly, "I don't need mothering, Rhaenyra."

"Well, here you are surrounded by attendants all focused on the babe," Rhaenyra said, "Someone has to attend to you."

It always warmed Feyre's heart to see the close bond between Rhaenyra and the queen. It made her miss her own mother, who was back in Winterfell.

The queen smiled, "You will lie in this bed soon enough, Rhaenyra. This discomfort is how we serve the realm."