11

*THREE MONTHS LATER*

Feyre sighed as she walked through the gardens. It has been three months since she arrived in Highgarden. Three months since she got married to the most arrogant man in the world, and three months since she has seen Rhaenyra.

They exchange ravens almost every day, and Rhaenyra flies over on Syrax from time to time, but it doesn't feel the same.

Feyre gazed at a rose bush and turns to her handmaiden, Corrine, "How long has it been since these have been watered?"

"I do not know, my lady," Corrine told her, "Would you like me to call for the gardeners?"

"No, that's alright," Feyre walked up to the bush and placed her hand over one of the roses. She used her magic to bring more water up from the dirt and rejuvenate the flowers.

Corrine looked at the mage in awe, "Wow, I've never seen magic up close before. What else can you do?"

Feyre laughs and wiped dirt on her dress skirt, "Unfortunately, I don't think I've quite tapped into my full power just yet; I am still a novice, I'm afraid."

The young handmaiden looked disappointed before fixing herself, "Shall we continue on before meeting Lady Kitania for lunch?"

"I'm quite finished here, actually," Feyre sniffed, "The pollen is making me sneeze."

They make their way out of the gardens and back into the Reach. Feyre and Corrine walk all the way to Silas' and Feyre's apartments where Silas was looking over a letter with his older brother, Tobias Tyrell.

"Hello, husband," Feyre greeted her husband, "Tobias."

Tobias looked up to smile at his good-sister, but Silas did not look up, "How was your walk in the gardens?"

Feyre sat down on her chaise, "Boring, what are you reading."

"It is a raven, from Lord Corlys Velaryon," Silas glares at the piece of paper, "He is asking for aid in his war in the Stepstones."

"Are you going to?" Feyre picked up a book from the side table.

"I'm afraid we're going to have to refuse," Tobias said as he handed Silas a quill.

Feyre looked up in surprise, "You're not going to help?"

Tobias shrugged, "We cannot afford to lose good men for a pointless cause."

"But if Lord Corlys himself is writing for aid, then they must desperately need it," Feyre stood from her chaise and walked closer to the men.

"Enough, Feyre," Silas glares at his wife, "We simply do not wish to waste our time on a stupid war led by two idiots."

"But if they need it-

"Enough, I said!" Silas yelled, making Feyre flinch back, "You do not get a say in this because you're just a stupid woman!"

Filled with anger, Feyre narrowed her eyes at her husband. Suddenly, the lit candle on the desk wobbled before falling right on Silas' hand, burning his skin.

Silas let out a welp of pain and pulled his hand back. Tobias went to check on his brother and Feyre just stared without a care in the world.

"You should really be careful, husband," Feyre smirked.

Silas looked at her, eyes filled with a mixture of anger and fear. Feyre gave him a mocking bow before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Kitania noticed that her good-daughter was not in her usual mood today. She had invited Feyre to take lunch with her, and was surprised to see her walk in with a scowl.