18

Feyre looked over the training yard from her place in the sidelines. She watched as the boys hit straw men with wooden swords, with Ser Criston Cole observing them.

"Soften your knees," The knight told Aemond, "Feet light."

Feyre looked up to see the King and Lord Lyonel watching as well. Viserys smiled as he made eye contact with her, and he waved.

Feyre waved back before she heard clattering. Aemond had knocked Jace's sword out of his hand.

"Don't stand too upright, my Prince," Criston hid a smirk, "You'll get knocked down."

Aegon performed a well-choreographed attack on the dummy, making Feyre clap, "Well done, Aegon!"

The sound of his aunt's voice caught the Prince's attention, "Aunt Feyre!"

He quickly rushed to hug her, having not seen her all day, "Have you come to watch me train?"

"I have to check on your progress, little prince ," Feyre smiled, "Are you playing nice?"

"Always," Aegon smirked as he twirled his sword, "But I am still the best."

"Not true!" They heard Jace shout from behind them.

Feyre laughed, "Take it easy on them, Aeg."

"Lady Feyre," Criston called out to her, "Is there a reason you are interrupting the Prince's training?"

The sound of his voice made Feyre irritated, catching Aegon's attention. The Prince made quick work to defend his aunt, "I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy."

Criston shook his head, not amused, "Well, you'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw."

The knight motioned for the Prince to join him on the yard, "Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother."

Feyre sighed and turned to her nephew, "Remember what I taught you?"

"All knights are the same," Aegon quoted her, "Especially their techniques."

"Good boy," She patted his back, "Now, knock him on his ass."

Aegon smiled and went to join Ser Criston and Aemond. The three stand in a triangle formation, waiting for the other's first move.

Aemond attacked first, grunting as he lifted his sword above his head. However, Criston blocked his move with ease. Aegon watched as they sparred, waiting for the right moment. When he saw Criston's blind spot, he swiftly attacked, hitting the knight's side.

Feyre could not hold back the laugh that came from her. Criston glared at her while Aegon laughed with her. Criston used this as an opportunity and tried to make his own move.

Predicting this, Feyre discreetly moved her finger to the left. Her magic found its way to Criston's feet, gaining control. The knight stumbled before falling to his knees, feeling his legs turn to jelly. All the boys laughed at the knight's expense, but stopped when he glared at them.

"That's cheating."

Feyre turned to see Harwin coming up beside her, "Call it what you want, Har, but I call it poetic justice."

"How so?" Breakbones watched amusingly as Criston tried to stand up in vain.

"You know how he favors Aegon and Aemond, and pits them against our boys," Feyre smirked as she waved her finger, giving Criston back control of his legs, "I am simply letting him know who is in control."

Harwin nodded and turned to Jace and Luke, "Swords up, boys; give your enemy no quarter."

Criston stood up and pointed his sword at Feyre, "You witch! I know what you did to me!"