Chapter 26 - Cells

Lauren's POV
May 26th - 28 weeks pregnant
"LET ME OUT PLEASE !"  i scream as my ankle is weighed by a heavy chain .

I look around the room, there was one small cot in the corner and a small mat on the other corner . The dungeon was moderately small and smelled like copper . The walls were dingy and the thick metal bars destroyed any thought of leaving

"HELP ME !!" i screamed almost losing my voice .

Mascara filled tears are stained down my face and i look at the plain white dress i was wearing . It was something of a nightgown that was worn out and tattered on the bottom .

as soon as i was about to scream out again, a door slammed open and 2 men dragged an unconscious man in the cell with me .

"Who is that ? WAIT -Where are you going - let me out !!" The body stirs and i recognize it's Detective Dan .

I quickly run over as fast as my pregnant belly can take me and kneel down to him . His  face was bloody and he had bruises all over his body .

"Wake up ! please don't die-Wake up" i shook him frantically and he groaned in pain .

After a second i stand up and sit back on the cot waiting for him to get up .

He laid there for what felt like hours until he finally stirred and snapped his eyes to me .

I was in fetal position sobbing  and he limped over

"Hey are you okay - Lauren ?" he asked in shock when i looked up .

"You were right , He's a monster"  i said weakly

he sat down next to me

"Are they hurting you?" he asked and i sniffled the snot from my nose ,looking up with tears glossing my eyes .

"Not yet . He wants his Heir to the empire" i say bitterly

His eyes draw together in confusion and i snap my eyes to him

"You work with the police right ?! You have to get me out of here... please i'll move away from here - disappear"

he looks off guilty

"i don't think the police is going to help me right now"

i bet he got fired

i sniffled
"Please, you have to think of something , i've been here for weeks and i-i'm going to die after he's born "

he pulls me against his chest and i lay my head down
"God will protect us okay? Have some faith. He chose me to save us"

bitch what ?

"C-can we pray ? I-i used to P-pray with my parents" i say looking at him with tears welling in my eyes .

"Of course we can" he helps me get on the floor on my knees to pray .

"Dear heavenly father , forgive us for our sins . Protect us with your light O lord and deliver us from this evil safely . We ask that you protect Lauren and her Child and that no harm comes to the child . Amen" ... wow really reassuring

"T-hank you" he sits back down and he winced causing me to notice that his stomach is bleeding

"oh my god you're bleeding ! here let me help" i rip the bottom my dress and softly wrap it around his waist .

"You're too kind . The lord will bless you"  he smiles weakly and i return the same smile .

After a few hours a man comes with a water and PB&J for me .