Chapted 31 - Private ceremony

Lauren's POV
**Private ceremony**

As i sat on the outside of the heavy thick door , i shook my leg in anguish .

Apparently, the council interviews every  new person in power to make sure its a good fit and i've never been so nervous for a test . Alessia told me that if they hate me enough they can force Axel to get an annulment and i would renounce my title forever....So you see why i'm so nervous.

Deep breath Lauren ,

a person comes out and tells me to go in .
"The council will see you now ." i lifted my big dress and fixed the crown on my head . The ceremony was right after so i was already dressed in a gold and cream gown .

I walk into the room and see a podium in the center with a table seating 3 in front of it , 2 large king and queen seats and seats for a small audience

I walk into the room and see a podium in the center with a table seating 3 in front of it , 2 large king and queen seats and seats for a small audience .

3 older people , probably in their 70's, were sat in the center seats and Axel sat in his chair with a stone cold face .

Gio and his family along with the 7 family's were there to witness the test. My heart pounded as i realized i have to speak in front of all of these people .

crap

i walk to the podium that felt a lot like a trial table and waited for them to speak

One man clears his throat .

"Good morning, the council thanks you all for being here . My name is Judge Hemus - this is Judge Howard and Judge Violet . Today we are here for an interview of the queen to assess her validity to the throne . Please state your name for the record ."

well damn , might as well ask me if i accept the charges too

"Lauren Alexandria Col- DeLuca" i had to remember i was a DeLuca Now , Especially in their world .

"Queen Lauren , How did you hear about this lifestyle ?" Judge Violet asks writing something down

this felt like an interrogation. I look at Axel and his face is still ice cold .

Alesia's  words ring in my ear "no matter what , be honest . They know if you're lying"

"I mean the italian Mafia isn't exactly a secret in the world but no one thinks its actually real . I was contacted by an FBI agent while i was dating Axel and the person gave me some files that proved it  ."

i wanted to keep my answers short and sweet because i don't know what they were looking for

"Do you still have these files"

do i? it's been so long . It's probably still in my old room .

"i believe so" i answer

"This FBI case you're referring to is critical to another trial in the involvement with the Vincenzo family so we will continue this portion at a later date." Judge Hemus says and they converse with each other before speaking