34

when the pair walked onto campus jisung could feel all eyes on them. they were surrounded by whispers and people pointing. jisung held minhos hand a little tighter, feeling extremely uncomfortable. minho gave his hand a light, reassuring squeeze, smiling as he looked over at him.

"it's okay." he whispered as they continued walking to their lecture hall.

when they got to their room, jisung sat next to minho in his normal spot. the whispering and stares never died down, especially since minho was clinging to jisung.

"didn't you guys..hate each other?" one of the girls asked.

"is it any of your business?" minho snapped back.

"sorry." she walked away, going to her seat.

"nobody knows how to mind their business." minho shook his head.

"believe me, i know." jisung agreed.

"okay class, settle down. tod-" professor park froze, she was shocked. first of all, han jisung wasn't late to her lecture. second, he was sitting next to minho. and they were holding hands. and minho had his head on jisungs shoulders.

"you good?" minho asked, bringing professor park back to reality.

"that's...a sight i never thought i'd see. anyways, let's start todays lecture." she said as she walked over to her computer, setting her bag down and preparing for the lecture.

🦋

"you guys have been quiet the hot topic today." felix said as he sat down at their table.

"yeah, everyone is talking about you guys all over campus." jeongin nodded.

"we know, we've been surrounded by it too." minho rolled his eyes.

"you doing okay ji?" hyunjin asked gently, earning a nod from the other.

"minhos been really helpful." jisung replied, a small smile appearing on his face.

"i can see that, he's proudly showing off who's his." felix chuckled as he looked at the hickey on jisungs neck.

"if i don't someone might try to flirt with him. i can't have that." minho shook his head. "plus, look at him. i just wanted to."

"fair." felix nodded.

"it's actually so annoying hearing everyone. i get that we're nosy but we're their best friends!" changbin let out an exasperated sigh.

"i agree." chan nodded.

"i hate all the attention." jisung frowned.

"i know. people will get over it. don't worry love." minho said softly.

"changbin hyung and i could get caught in the bathroom or something so people will move on and have something else to talk about." felix suggested.

"felix, do you ever think of the words that come out of your mouth and wonder what the fuck is wrong with you? because i do." seungmin sighed, shaking his head.

"fine then, i guess we'll just let it pass." felix rolled his eyes.

"i'm not too fond of the idea of getting caught in the bathroom, sorry lix." changbin chuckled.

"felix maybe you're just an exhibitionist." jisung laughed as his best friend threw a french fry at him.

"haters. you all hate me." felix placed a hand over his heart, clutching his shirt.

🦋

"minho! we're so happy to have you working with us!" chaeyoung smiled as the pair entered the bookstore.

"thank you, it's a pleasure." minho smiled.

"jisung has been working here since we opened the store, i'm sure he wouldn't mind showing you what to do." sana smiled.

"right, follow me." jisung walked around the front desk, setting his stuff down. minho set his stuff next to jisungs, following him around like a lost puppy.

"what do i do first?" minho asked.

"first, we're going to go through donated books. if they're horribly damaged, we can't sell them. so the stuff we can keep, put on this cart. i'll help you so you know what kind of condition is acceptable." jisung instructed.

minho nodded, helping jisung move a box to set it on the floor, taking a seat next to him. the two went through the box, separating the books. chaeyoung and sana watched with small smiles on their faces.

"okay, i'm going to go dust books and shelves. i'll be back, i love you." jisung smiled, leaving a sweet kiss on minhos lips as he got up.

"i love you." minho smiled.

"you two are so cute!" sana gushed as soon as jisung was far enough away not to hear them.

"thank you." minho blushed, smiling shyly.

"it's nice seeing ji this...happy." chaeyoung said with a soft smile. "i've never seen him glow like he does with you."

"i agree. it's nice to see him not miserable and faking it." sana nodded.

"it makes me sad that he's gone through so much. but i'm glad i can be there for him." minho bit back a growing smile.

"i can tell you're good for him, minho. thank you." chaeyoung said gently.

"i'll do anything to make him happy." minho replied, his faint blush deepening.

a/n: hello beautiful! how are you? i'm doing pretty okay rn <3 i love you, MWAH 😚🫶