Chapter Eleven

Finney decided, they couldn't just sit around and wait any longer, they had to do something. They went back to that hole in the tile and began digging once again, Robin being a much bigger help this time when his eyes fell on the door again, it was open, once again. Finney was walking over to shut it when... the phone rang. He glanced at the door, then the phone, back and forth a couple of times before he finally decided to walk over to Robin, phone in his hand, holding it up for Finney to take.

"Hello?" Finney asked, silence, he waited a few more moments before speaking again "Bruce? Billy- Paperboy?" He said, catching onto his slip up, still nothing. Robin and Finney looked at each other confused before they heard the familiar click, considering the one on the other end hung up.

Finney pulled the phone away from him and glanced in between the phone and Robin, his face scrunched up in confusion and then just sighed before the put the phone back on the hook and sat on the bed, completely forget about the door.

"What the hell was that?" Robin asked and sat down next to Finney "I dunno..." He mumbled and leaned back. They waited around for a few more minutes, waiting for something, for the phone to ring again, for something to move around like it did with Paperboy, though a few minutes turned into ten, and ten turned into fifteen, and fifteen turned into thirty and before you know it, it was around a half an hour before something happened.

Robin and Finney went back to digging before exhaustion kicked in and they felt they needed some rest. They sat down to catch their breathe for a few seconds before they would head to sleep but, instead something else happened.

They heard a soft tapping sound, like something dripping on the concrete floor, they glanced at each other before Finney dug through his pockets to find the rocket flashlight he had and pointed it at the walls, holding it on. He ran the light across the walls, trying to pinpoint where exactly the sound was coming from as it seemed to echo across everything I'm the basement.

He shine the light around more until, he stopped. It landed on... one of them. The body, of one of the boys. Though this sight, was much more gruesome than Billy's. The boy was floating, hovering a few feet above the ground. His face beat and bruised, his throat slit open in the center as blood poured out. Finney was sure there was more but the sight made him sick, even Robin was freaked out.

The body lifted one of his hands to point, at the phone. Finney shone his light on it as Robin got up to grab it off the hook, Finney following close behind. "Hello?" Finney asked once again, turning around once more to check if the body was still there, to which he found it was gone. "Hello?" He asked one more time and this time, a voice emerged through the receiver.

"You don't have much time." It said, the voice simultaneously menacing as well as innocent and child like. Finney froze. '𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵...?' He wondered as the voice continued "The Grabber hasn't been sleeping,  he thinks this might be it, that he's gonna figure it out." It said and Finney but his bottom lip nervously. "Who might figure it out?" Robin asked for him and the boy giggled "His brother upstairs." He said and laughed again.

"Are you Griffin?" Finney asked, he didn't need too, he knew it was Griffin, the voice, the body, the giggling and child like demeanor, nobody his age would do that in s situation like this, it all matched up. Griffin was ten when he went missing, Finney and him had never been close, though he went to the same school as Qwen so he saw him around often.

"Who?" The boy, Griffin questioned "Griffin Stagg." He answered and the boy sighed "Probably, it's all a little hazy." He said in a playful manner "Who's that?" Robin whispered and Finney sighed "I don't... I don't know really..." He whispered back honestly "Nobody did." The boy commented "You spent so many years invisible and all of the sudden every kid in the state knows your name." He said in an eerie tone.

Finney frowned and glanced up at Robin, who had the same look of sympathy on his face. "You don't have much time." Griffin repeated and Finney suddenly snapped back to what he was previously thinking.

"Why hasn't he killed us?" He asked Robin looked at him, a little shocked at the fact he would ask such a young boy a question like that, though it he was honest, he wondered too. "You won't play the game, you 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 to play the game! If you don't play, he can't win." Griffin informed "What game?" Robin cut in and the boy sighed "𝙉𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝘽𝙤𝙮." Griffin said and Robins face formed a disgusted grimace.

Those two words alone made them both uncomfortable, it would make anyone feel that sense of unease. Naught boy, those words didn't sound right, especially coming out of a child's mouth. In the right situation, it may sound harmless and innocent, but here, it was anything but that.

"If you don't play Naughty Boy,  The Grabber can't beat you. And if he can't beat you, he can't move onto the next part, and the next part of Naughty Boy...  is his 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 part." Griffin spoke, further amplifying the uncomfortable feeling they both had.

"What's the next part?" Finney asked and Griffin giggled once again, not a cheerful or happy one, but the type you receive when a child doesn't want to tell you something, nervous one, the one they give because they know what they did was bad and it wasn't right, what The Grabber did wasn't right, not in the slightest.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙀𝙬, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙄 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙣, 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙭𝙩𝙧𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙/𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩. 𝙇𝙢𝙠 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜!