Chapter Thirteen

Gwen was woken up today, not by a dream, in fact, she didn't have one, and that's why she woke up. It was already morning and she quickly hopped off her bed and knelt down on a carpet, grabbing a few items put of a dollhouse she said and setting them on the floor in front of her.

"Jesus! What the fuck!, I mean, serious, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠!" She said angrily and furrowed her brows. "I ask you for help and you give me clues that don't mean anything, and now this morning I wake up without any dream at all?" She questioned. "Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you? You let The Grabber take Finney, right? Yeah, and don't tell me you 'don't get involved' because you've been giving me these dreams!" She said, raising her voice a hit before pausing.

"Unless..." She started, trailing off, beginning to doubt herself even more. Maybe she was like her mother, maybe she 𝙬𝙖𝙨 going crazy, maybe all of this was fake like her father said, maybe, maybe she'd end up like her mom...

"... 𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡...

———–

Finney was also woken up, by the gentle tone of Robin and the ringing of the phone. "What the..." He mumbled to himself and finally sat up "I... I didn't want to answer it, until you were awake..." He said and Finney nodded slowly, still a little dazed from yesterdays ordeal. "Ah- there's some food too.." He continued and pointed by the door way.

Finney was in reality, starving, Robin had already ate his, so he figured it wouldn't hurt if he tried his too, right? Though Finney first got up and answered the phone like he always did, only to quickly slam it back down on the hook.

He didn't want to answer it, so far it's been no help.and they've gotten nowhere. What good would this do? "Finn-" Robin mumbled but Finney just brushed him off and went to eat his food. He took a few sips of the soda as well, his throat was parched and honestly it felt like he was going to die, but still, who knows when he might need some next, or when they'll get any more.

Robin just sat there in silence, he didn't know what to say to Finney, he seemed mad  at everything, everyone. Robin didn't know why, but he gave him some time to calm down.

Finney sat back on the bed and hugged his knees to his chest and Robin gave human concerned look. "Finn, I'm... Sorry. Are you, alright?" He asked and Finney sighed. "I don't know..." he mumbled and Robin nodded, scooting closed to the boy and putting an arm around him.

Suddenly, the phone rang again and Finney groaned. "Fuck you..." He mumbled to himself and covered his ears, though Robin on the other hand, got up and answered it and then sat back down. "Uh...hi..." Robin simply said and Glance at Finney, who was now making at least an attempt to listen, but there wasn't an answer.

"Uh hello?" Robin asked again, nothing.
"Manera de perder el tiempo maldito idiota..(Way to waste time, fucking idiot.)" He mumbled under his breath and out the phone back, only for it to ring as soon as he sat back down. This time, Finney got to it first and answered it "What?!" He asked annoyed, nothing once again "Are you gonna say something?" He asked, still nothing "Do you even know who you are?!" He cried out, this time, there was a response.

"What the shit kind of question is that? Do you even know who 𝙮𝙤𝙪 are?" The voice said and Finney immediately recognized it. Pinball Vance Hopper, or what's what people called him. He went missing last spring, and no ones heard anything about him since.

"I-I'm Finney Blake, and this is my best friend Robin Arellano." He says and Robin smiled slightly. "Yeah well nice to fucking meetings you Finney Blake, and Robin whatever the fuck." He said and Robin let out a small laugh, causing a smile from Finney, though that smile quickly faded. "Right here! This is it!" Vance cried out "This is what?" Finney asked and Vance scoffed. "The horrifying nightmare end of you're 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨." He said and their expressions quickly changed.

"Holy shit..." Robin mumbled. "You're Vance Hopper!" He said and Finney nodded quickly. "Trust me, if you two knew what you had coming, you'd be fucking terrified!" He said and Robin and Finney exchanged worried glances.

"𝙏𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧!"

———–

      Pinball Vance Hopper, or that's what they called him, it was pretty apparent why. He was standing in the local GrabNGo, next to a small pinball machine they had set up in the corner. He came here almost every day after school, like he was obsessed or something. He was watching carefully at the ball rolling around, frantically smashing buttons, not a care in the world for whatever else was going on.

"Vance, you're gonna beat you're hight score!" One of his 'friend's said and he scoffed "Of course I'm gonna do it dumb shit, I said I would. " He muttered, not taking his eyes off the machine. Thought this winning streak wouldn't last for long. Two boys were roughhousing around the machine and once accidentally bumped into the machine, causing the ball this roll down into the hole.

He groaned and slammed his fist on the plastic cover of the machine before turning to the boy. "Motherfucker!" He shouted and shoved the kid. "You fucked with my game!" He said, grabbing the boy by the collar and spamming him into a magazine stand. "Hey!" The other boy said and retrieved a switchblade knife from his pocket.

Well, needless to say, Vance won. And with that switchblade knife, he carved something, 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙢. '7741'.

He was escorted by police minutes later, only to be dropped off back 'home' a few minutes later, little to no reprimanding to the boy. Vance gazed out the back window, loooking for a house, not his house, just any one of them. He couldn't just go home and tell his mom what he had done, he had a feeling she was already disappointed enough in him. He was a bad kid, he knew that, but he could do far worse, he just wouldn't.

He sat in the car, waiting for someone, close enough to his home, but far enough no one would see him  suddenly, the radio in the cop car turned on, and thats when they heard it.

"𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚?" Finney voice rang through the radio "𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙪𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩?! 𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚?" Vance called back "I-I'm Finney Blake, and this is my best friend Robin Arellano." Finney mumbled and Vance scoffed "Yeah? Well juice to fuckin' meet you Finney Blake, and Robin whatever the fuck." He greeted. Right here! This is it!" He said pointing through a window at one of the many houses on the street, with the address 7741...

"This is what?" Finney questioner "The horrifying nightmare end of you're pathetic little life!" He said, a sly smile creeping onto his face. "Holy shit... You're Vance Hopper!" Robin said and Vance shrugged "Trust me, if you two knew what you had coming, you'd be fucking terrified!" He said and hopped out of the car "Today's the day motherfucker!" He yelled, and that's when it ended.

This was by far the weirdest dream Qwen had yet, but it was the best. Finney was there, she was sure of it, 7741, she needed to remember it, Finney was there, in that house, she knew it and she knew she needed to save Finney.