Chapter Seventeen

She looked at the street sign before hopping back on her bike and rushing home, she couldn't go in there alone, she needed assistance. Her father was at work so she quickly ran into her room and pulled out a small Bible she kept in her doll house, and within that Bible was a card, for the Denver PD.

She walked over to the phone and called the number, they answered within a few seconds and she sighed of relief "Detective Wright please."

So many things were happening at once. Both Detective Wright and Detective Miller were put on the case once again, Gwen riding her bike down to the address once again, the police swarming out of the office to go meet the girl, Max now face to face with the two boys that had been hiding in his brothers basement all alone, and The Grabber on his way home from the hardware store, his truck bed full of items, but the most notable, an axe, and cement.

----

Finney clutched the phone in his hand, Robin by his side as the door clicked open, and the face of Max popped out. "No fucking way..." He said and he pushed the door open further and Finney relaxed a but, though Robin was still on edge, he felt something was wrong, and well, he was right.

"I knew he was hiding something from me down here but holy mary mother of god!" He said and Finney gave a sigh of relief "Please, help, c-call the police, call my sister just please-" he started but was cut off my Max. "Hey no don't worry, he's not here." He said, but both boys were still panicking "Hey, wanna hear the story of how I found you?" He asked as if two boys would want to know how he got high off ketamine and somehow stumbled down into the basement.

"No no no no no no..." Finney mumbled and latched onto Robins arm as he heard footsteps from behind Max who was mindlessly muttering the story of how he found the boys. Though only a few seconds later, the door opened fully, revealing The Grabber, holding the ace he had just bought and with one swing, lodged it into Maxs head as the man fell to the ground Finney screamed, even Robin was terrified.

Both backed up into the wall and were muttering nonese to themselves "Holy shit holy shit holy shit!" Robin mumbled meanwhile Finney was whimpering in the corner.

----

Cop cars arrived and Detective Wright got out of the car, watching the young girl cling onto the fence as she stared nervously into the yard. "Is this the house?" He asked and Gwen nodded "Yes!" She said and the detective looked at her suspiciously "Are you sure?" He questioned and Gwen nodded again "I've never seen this place before except for in my dreams. The tree, the door, the gate, the address, every detail!" She cried and the detective nodded "Okay, okay you start back, stay with her." He said and pointed at one of the police officers and Gwen backed up, calling out one last thing "Please hurry!" She yelled, to which she got no response.

----

"Look what you made me do..." The Grabber mumbled and Finney shook his head "You made me kill my brother..." He said and Finney "N-No! It wasn't me I-" he stuttered out, glancing at the body that now lay on the floor, more disturbing than any of the corpses of those boys combined, because this one was real.

"You psychotic bastard! That was you! All of this was you! Don't you dare-" Robin started but was cut off by him "He was an idiot." He simply stayed, leaving the house in shock "... But he was my idiot." He said, softening his tone slightly. "I'm sorry Max." He said and walked over to the body to retreive the axe in the man's head.

Robin tried to calm him down, hut it wasn't working, how could it? Finney Blake, had just watched a man get killed, that was something he couldn't just calm down from, not for a long, long time

Blood gushed out from the wound on the back of Max's head and poured onto the floor as The Grabber approached the two. His eyes turned to Finney, who still had the phone in his hand and he frowned "What's up with the phone huh? I told you it doesn't work!" He yelled, but this time Finney didn't react much. He was scared, terrified, but he had to do something, he had to stand up for himself.

"Y'know... normally I'd use a knife, but you two, you two are 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡." He said and looked down at the axe. "I'm gonna take my time, I want this to 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 hurt." He said with a slight smile before turning it the doorway. "SAMSON" He yelled and a big black dog came rushing down the stairs and The Grabber chained his up as the dog Growler at the two.

Finney felt panic, even more than he already did, we at first. An axe, the worst weapon he could've possibly chosen for these two boys. They were quick, and with a heavy weapon like that, they could surely get away, or he thought. The Grabber approached the boys, moving the axe to side, and swung

In that split seclnd of delay, the delay caused by the weight of the axe Finney grabbed Robins when and dragged him put of the way, but, not far enough. The axe barely grazed his hip. The edge was snagged on his tank top, ripping the fabric, allowing the blade to make contact with his skin.

It wasn't bad, it wasn't too deep, but it hurt, and if left untreated, it would only get worse.

Robin stumbled a bit, clutching his hip and Finney let go of his hand. The Grabber slipped down and grabbed the axe, it would slow him down, but not for long. He didn't have time, Finney did have time to help him, he didn't know what to do, he didn't have time to decide what to do, so he ran.

Up the stairs and to the second doorway, he opened it, but didn't go out, and instead, slammed it shut without leaving. It wasn't to leave Robin behind, he would never, it was a distraction. It was risky, he was practically cornered, but in that moment, it was the only thing he could do.

The Grabber heard the noise, he looked between Robin and the door for a second, before going after Finney, if Finney got our, he was done for.

As The Grabber ran up the stairs, Finney prepared himself, the only weapon he had was the phone, but it would have to do, I just 𝙝𝙖𝙙 to.

As soon as The Grabber got close enough, a few steps down from Finney himself, he raised the phone, took a fast step back, step forward and swung. It stunned him just enough, for Finney to shove his body into him, causing him to stumble down the stairs and land hard on the concrete.

It hurt him, it hurt him a lot, but not enough. Finney paused for just a moment to catch his breath, process what he had just done. He 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩 someone, not just someone, but The Grabber.

Though, he came back to his senses, realizing that any time wasted, was time The Grabber could use. One second could change everything, and he didn't have time to linger.

"Holy shit! I knew it!" Robin shouted and rushed over to The Grabber, who was groaning in pain and attempting to get up, through that wouldn't happen. Robins stomped hard on his stomach, he let out a gag and clutched where Robin had just kicked. Finney came down just seconds later, almost leaping down the stairs.

This alone wouldn't be enough to kill her, but what happened next, would be.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙍𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙛𝙛, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙏𝙍𝙐𝙎𝙏 𝙈𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀