Chapter Fourteen

"Have you tried stacking the carpets to reach the window?" Vance asked and Finney sighed "I've tried everything..." He mumbled as he stared at Vances body. He back turned and he shook his head "No! Not everything!" He said and crossed his arms "When The Grabber saw what I had done, that was it! And he took his time with me too..." He said slowly "Well, what did you do?" Robin asked "Oh... That fucker had to spend some fortune to repair all the damages." He muttered and laughed a bit "Just tell us what you did!" Finney pleaded and Vance sighed.

"I'm getting to that cuntwad! Or do you have some other important shit you have to do right now?" He asked and Robin groaned and grabbed the phone "Yeah we actually do, it's called getting the fuck out of here, now just tell of what do you did!" He shouted and Vance laughed. "Hm... I like this kid..." He muttered to himself before responding "Fine fine, there's an outlit in the bathroom, across form the john." "Y-yeah I've seen it." Finney said and Robin nodded.

"On the other side of that wall, there's a storage room, but you can't get in it because there's a big ass up right freezer in the way." He started and both boys stayed silent to listen. "Break into the wall shout two feet 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙫𝙚 the outlit." He said, emphasising the word 'above' as if they were somehow going to mix it up and break in below it.

"Till you get to a panel with screws on it, get the panel off and into the freezer-" he started again, and the sentace was finished by Finney "-and out into the storage room.." He muttered and Vance nodded "You're not at dumb as you look Finney Blake." Vance said and smile, though Robin interjected "How to be unscrew the panel though?" He asked and Vance shrugged "How the fuck should I know? Just to what I told you." He said and Robin nodded.

"Thank you." Finney saidband Vance stood up, finally turning to the boys "For what?" He asked and crossed his arms "For helping us." He said and Vance chuckled before his face returned to a frown "𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 you?" He scoffed and began to walk closer too the boys "This isn't 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 you!" He continued "𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙃𝙄𝙈!" He yelled and an deafening screech pierced the air as Finney dropped the phone and covered his ears, Robin doing the same.

Items seemed to rattle as two of half empty bottles flung up and smashed against the wall, letting the liquid spipl out into the floor. Finney let out a yell as he squeezed his eyes shut and began muttering to himself "No, no, no, no, no..." He repeated over and over and once the noise died down, Robin immediately rushed Finneys side and wrapped and arm around him.

"Finn! Are, are you alright?" He asked quick and Finneys slowly removed his hands from his face and opened his eyes, trying to slow his breathing. "I'm... Okay..." He said, his voice just above s whisper and Robin sighed, sitting him on the bed to let him calm down.

"It's fine, it's fine..." He said softly and Finney nodded, his hands still shaking from the previous ordeal, though
Finney and Robin eventually got up, to start the plan Vance had suggested.

Robin picked up the metal cover for the window that had fallen, whilst Finney pried off the ceramic cover of the toilet. "Think this'll actually work?" Robin asked as the located the spot they were supposed to break through "No." Finney answered honestly and began hammering at the wall.

It was much faster with two people, thought it still feels like it too hours, breaking and digging into the wall, hardly any breaks in between until finally, the silver gleam of the cover shone through the dirt. Robin and Finney exchanged a quick glance before the both began scraping off the dirt to reveal the full panel, and the screws they somehow had to undo.

"How are we gonna get it off?" Robin asked and Finney stayed silent, thinking of anything he could do. "I... Give me a second." He said and stood up straight, brushing himself off before he began walking around the basement, looking for items he could use to potentially unscrew the panel.

He put his hands in it pocket, which reminded him of his rocket. He pulled it out and examined it further "𝘕𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴'𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤..." He thought to himself and tossed it on the bed, seeing so further use for it at the moment. As he started down at the floor looking for items, the green glass started by the wall caught his attention.

He wasn't going to use glass of course, no need to further injure himself anyway, but he was going to take after Griffin, and utilize a bottle cap. He picked up one of the top of the bottles and carefully popped off the cap, careful to not cut himself on sharp edges before waking back to Robin.

"Find anything?" He asked and Finney nodded. He wedged the edge of the bottle cap into the grooves of the screw and turned it slowly as Robin sat in awe, before quickly turning away. He felt as though Finney was doing all the work, Finney was the smart one, Finney was the one who understood all of this, Finney was the one who would get them out of there, while Robin, the one who protected him, defended him, and did everything he could for Finney would be the one to sit by and watch.

In Robins eyes, he wasn't smart, he wasn't nice, he wasn't funny or cute, he didn't play sports, he didn't do well in school, the only thing he was good at was packing s punch, he wasn't even s good person. Finney was better than he ever could be, he wanted him to know that, he always did, but at the same time, he didn't. What if Finney realized he didn't need him anymore? That he could do anything he wanted to without him, that Robin really wasn't anything special, that there were better people than him that he could've been with this whole time, yet Finney still chose him.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙊𝙤𝙊𝙤𝙊~ 𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙛𝙛 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙮. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙡𝙖𝙯𝙮, 𝙄 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙩. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙤 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩.