Chapter 5

"Your girlfriend?." I shout at him. What the hell?. He steps back and let go of me.

"Pretense girlfriend." Pretense girlfriend?

"Why on earth should I be your pretense girlfriend. Are you insane?." He laughs. Am I being funny now?

"Hey this is not funny. I am not going to buy this joke." I state and walk towards the bed and sit on.

"I am serious, I have a plan." I look at him dazed.

"What plan?." I ask folding my arms over my chest.

"If our father's are playing a game, we can play  a game too. This will be beneficial to both sides."

"How?" I ask still confused.

"If we pretend to be a couple, we will give them a satisfaction and they wont play this match maker thing anymore. I mean, we can set rules and all. All we have to do is to act all lovey dove in front of them and the world but we are free when we are alone." Is he insane.

"Are you even hearing your self right now? For once, I thought you are very smart. I will never agree to this, first of all you are not even my type. I cant have a douchebag for a boyfriend." I state clearly. He narrows his eyes at my words.

"You are not my type too. Do you think I am that stupid to ask you this? I know what this union will bring. For this project to be very effective and efficient this will help. Imagine the world to know that two powerful names have come together not only as a couple but as business partners." Really?

"No way. I don't want to involve my self with you. Oh crap! What about Carter? He will not like this." He chuckles.

"You just met him, you are not dating. Come on, just be reasonable here Chelsea. For once stop being a dramatic spoiled brat and prove to everyone that you are not what they think you are." Is that an insult.

"And what will that make you? A hero? Aren't you the same person who said 'Why should I care what people say about me?'. I snap at him giving him a peace of my mind. But he doesn't seem to care.

"I don't but you do care don't you?all I am trying is to help you out. Come on Chelsea just let your guard down." Let my guard down.

"You are the one to let your guard down. You always wear that bossy attitude of yours and your big male ego." He heaves a sigh.

"Do you think I haven't let my ego and guard down by asking you to be my girlfriend?." My eyes widen at him.

"Pretense girlfriend". I correct him. He nods. 

"Think rationally, only until the project is completed and we go separate ways." He says. I heave a sigh trying to think. Is he really right? Will this benefit all of us? Will I make my parents proud of me? Will this prove to everyone that I am not a spoiled princess after all. Rather they would start talking about my relationship with Emilio.

I take a look at him one more time as he waits for my answer. This douchebag, he better behave. Oh I will be the one to make the rules.

"Fine. Lets do this." His face lit up with a smile.

"But...." I state pointing a finger at him. His smile fades. "I will be the one to make the rules and call the shots."

"Whatever, the princess always get what she wants." Douchebag.

"Huuh, I hate you." I snap at him. He just shrugs and chuckles.

"Very harsh words to say to your boyfriend don't you think?." I roll my eyes at him.