Chapter 34

Narrator’s POV
Adel passed out after Rupert gave her an amnesia drug, so he had to carry her. She led her inside to her bedroom. He carried the princess as he entered the hall. Around the palace, there is a loud commotion. After some time, a door broke and flew at them, and a figure emerged. Cauis, whose armor was covered with snow, rushed alone from the north without even stopping to rest. He was gritting his teeth and glaring angrily at Rupert. After watching Adel being carried unconscious by the vilest person in his view, he clenched his grasp on his blade.

"What in the world are you doing, Rupert?!" said by the furious king.

“It’s none of your business.” said the prince.

“Put her down now.” The king ordered.

“Or else? You’ll kill me? Take her if you can.”

“You insolent-!” he was about to swing his sword but the wicked princes point a knife on the throat of the princess.

“You don’t want to let her die, don’t you? Then, drop the sword.” A threat from the prince.
A number of knights surrounded the king and pointed their swords at his throat, preventing the king from moving even an inch. He lowered his sword on the ground out of frustration and for the princess. His hands were tied behind his back as the knights started to hold him down on the ground. Rupert gave the knights the order to torture him by hitting and kicking him all over his body till he started vomiting blood. For the sake of the princess that Rupert was carrying, the poor king chose not to fight back. Although he was resistant to torture, he can't stand the thought of the princess getting a scratch.

“It was unfortunate that the most powerful king was held down just for this. I always thought you were a bother between me and Adel so the day finally comes that I could kill you in a great way. As you to know, the princess is safe. You don't have to meddle on our private matters besides, you were just something Adel was afraid of. As her fiancé, I need to get rid of the things lurking around her. Don't worry; Adel won't remember anything about you when she wakes up. She is wholly mine. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that. Since it is your execution day tomorrow, I regret not being able to invite you to our wedding tomorrow. I anticipated it taking a while, but you've arrived on your own. Even though I was the one who killed him, the people will see the execution of the king of the north, the person who killed the king of the west, and Adel's father.”

The held king laughs. "Hahaha. What a naive and idiotic act. I guess you’re forgetting something, even if I die, I'll still be after you till the debts of hell. I am the devil, even if you murder me several times, I'll torture you until you have no blood left to split out.”
Cauis was sent to the ground by a strong kick from Rupert as he drew nearer to the king.

"It will be an honor to be killed by you if you can. That filthy mouth of yours is surely sharp. After your execution tomorrow, I'll send your head to your homeland as a gift. Guards, look him up." Rupert said.
The two of them were imprisoned during a crucial period for their lifetime ties to the wrong person and the wrong time, which resulted in their deaths of hearts and souls. Are they going to be able to change their fate? Will they be able to come to an understanding in their hearts and find a way to be together?