Chapter 7

December, 1912

December, 1912

Julia is on her way to Doctor Clarkson.  She thinks she's pregnant but wants to be sure before she tells Jack.   She now waits to be called upon the doctor to come in. 

He walked out and you could tell he's shocked when he sees her.  "Mrs Crawley. I didn't expect to see you. Is something the matter?"

Julia shakes her head "No, atleast i don't think so. But i need to be sure about something and you're the only one that can help me with that."

He nods "Very well, then come in."

They sit down in the examination room.  "So what can i help you with?"

Julia takes a deep breath "Well um. I think i'm pregnant. But i want to be sure before i tell Jack or anyone."

He nods "I see so it's good if it's true?"

Julia smiles "Very much so. Just a little earlier than me and Jack expected. But i know he's the one and i want him to be the father of my children."

The doctor smiles "Very well then.  Lay down on the bed and i will examine you."

Julia lays down and after a few minutes the doctor is done. Julia sits up. 

"I have the results. And you're pregnant, congrats." 

Julia sighes in relief "Wow, thank you."

The doctor nods "You're welcome."

All Julia can think now is when is she gonna tell Jack. 

Helena is sitting outside.  "Can i sit?" She hears someone. 

She turns around and sees Cora. "Of course."

Cora sits down.  "I don't know if you have heard but Evelyn Napier might come to visit."

Helena nods "I see"  

Cora sighes "I have also gotten a letter from one of your brothers."

Helena gets worried "Which one? Is everything alright?"

Cora smiles "Everything is fine. It's your brother William. He has been touring in Ireland i hear, he want to come and visit."

Helena takes a deep breath "I see. I haven't seen William months."

Cora nods "Wonderful. Then i will let him know that he can come as soon as he is able to"'

Helena nods.  Cora smiles and walks off.  

Julia is making her ready for bed and Jack is laying in bed. 

"Julia. You have been nervous all day. Is there something you wanna tell me but you're afraid how i'm gonna react."

Julia sighes and sits down on the bed "You know me so well. I have been nauseous a few days.."

Jack cuts her off scared "Is everything alright?"