Chapter 1: How It All Turned Out

Arthur Leywin's POV:

"We finally did it!" I heard Tess's voice, she was practically wheezing since she like all of us were spent of mana or aether. "Yeah..we did." Was all I manage to mutter at her statement.

"But what did it cost us?" Sylvie said while laying on her back breathing heavily on the desolate wasteland that used to be Epheotus. It was crumbling under our feet at every movement, even every breath we took caused the ground to sound like it was shattering.

None of us could say anything. She was right, for all our power, what did it matter when everyone we loved was dead and there was not a single place untouched by our battle against the so called "deities".

"Well I for one think it's not so bad." Regis tried to console all of us. Until he made it worse by being his usual self and saying, "so what if all we have is this tiny floating rock in the ocean that will probably crumble within the hour. Our battle was MAJESTIC AS FUCK just like me!"

Me, Sylvie, and Tess collectively rolled our eyes at the now puppy form of Regis. Though small smiles could be seen on all of our faces so maybe it was a good thing this pup was still here.

"Why do you think you return to your puppy form from your human form when you're running low on aether? I would've thought you'd turn into a baby!" Sylvie said while barely controlling her laughter while teasing my canine friend.

"Oh ha ha little dragon princess." Regis replied knowing Sylvie hated that nickname. "At least I haven't been an egg twice within the same decade." Regis adding fuel to my daughter's already raging fire of emotions towards him from his constant jokes and teasing.

"WHY YOU LITTLE-" Sylvie started but I interrupted her. "That's enough you two, just because we're the last four people alive doesn't mean you constantly need to go at each other's throats." I said while letting out a long overdue sigh.

"Art is right you two. Besides we need to talk about what we are going to do next." Tess said with determination to do anything but sit here and do nothing. "What do you mean next?" I asked her not sure what she could possibly mean in this scenario. Everything around us is destroyed and even the relictomb entrances were destroyed by our battle with Agrona. The only way into them now is my relic but we would never be able to return to the surface if we enter them.

"Papa sometimes I question if you are as smart as you think you are." Sylvie deadpanned at me. "I am so lost right now." I said once again wondering what these two are thinking. "Princess they want you to use your godly powers to fix this mess." Regis piped up seeing that I was still confused. This confused me even more.

"I told you guys before that last fight that I wouldn't be able to just rewind the world. I don't have that much power!" I yelled, upset that they didn't see the pain I was in from not being able to do just that after gaining Fate itself.

Flashback:

A/N: This is before Art brings Tess and Sylvie back so at this point it is still him and Regis. (Carea is not here with him but I have future plans for her character)

I finally made it through the last tomb that Sylvia showed me in her message. 'I did it Sylvia, I finally did what you asked me to.' I thought to myself. "The relictomb portal out of this zone is acting funny princess." Regis said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"This must be it, this portal should lead me to Fate." I said, clear uncertainty I'm my voice. My companion must of caught it because he said: "Are you sure about this Arthur." I knew he was serious when he calls me by my name instead of one of his many nicknames for me.

"Is the mighty and majestic Regis worried about what's beyond a simple portal?" I teased in an attempt to calm my wolf friend. "Alright no need to be a dick about it." He said back, but I felt a little relief through our bond so I knew I succeeded.