Chapter 16: Council Meeting and Limits

Arthur Leywin's POV:

We arrived at the meeting place roughly half an hour after the other two. They engaged in a heated spar while they waited for Tess and I, Regis had a winning edge over Sylv in their duel, most likely due to his body being composed mainly of aether.

"Looks like we raised our kids to use their time wisely, right dear?" I remarked as we landed softly near the two causing them to jump back into a defensive stance.

"That we did, Sylvie got all her looks from me though." Tess flailed her hair flamboyantly causing a chorus of laughter to erupt from our group.

"I just hope I got my father's luck when it comes to women, especially if it gives me an edge with Aya!" Regis wiggled his eyebrows lewdly as I smacked him upside the head.

"It seems I haven't disciplined this one enough, not to mention the fact that you're only around five years old. What do you think Tess?" I gave my purple companion a devious smile as I coated my hand in a thick layer of aether.

"Alright that's enough, we have more business to attend to, right~ Art?" Tess scolded me in a motherly tone and crossed her arms. 

'Okay, that was kinda hot.' I thought as I felt my face grow warmer. 

'Agreed.' Regis added matter-of-factly without hesitation.

'Usually I'd scold you but I'll give you a pass this one time since it's just too damn true in this case.' I shook my head to rid myself of any thoughts that weren't important right now. 

"I'm going to contact the royal families for a council meeting, and I'll have them bring their Lances so we can finally remove their limiters while I'm at it. Before I leave, Tess, I'll teach you how to set the traps for the Alacryan camps."

"I thought you didn't want to teach me aether arts directly until I learned some of my own?" She asked.

"I don't, but we'll make an exception for this since I want to complete both tasks simultaneously. I'll also keep my thoughts abstract so as to not give it away, it should be good practice for you. You'll understand when we start." She shrugged her shoulders and decided to just wait and see.

"I'll take Sylv with me, meaning Regis, you will be on your best behavior with Tess or you'll be a will-o-wisp for the rest of your corporeal life." I laughed maniacally as my companion shook uncontrollably.

"What do you want me and Regis to do while we're waiting for Tess to learn the aether art from you?" Sylv questioned as Tess combed through her hair with a brush made with plant magic.

"Sylv, you have a sword to get used to. Bond with it the same way I did and get used to it being your main weapon," I replied as I pulled out Dawn's Ballad from my dimensional rune and threw it over to her, stars shining inside of her eyes as she caught it and left to bond and train with it.

"Regis, you keep working on your destruction Godrune. I can feel you're close to another breakthrough with it. The longer you can use it in the long run, the better." He gave me an over exaggerated salute as he disappeared to a more secluded area to train.

I pulled out the first communication artifact and contacted the first royal family, "Dawsid, get your wife and make your way to the floating castle for a council meeting, and bring your Lances with you as well." 

"We'll make our way there now sir, we should make it by the end of the day at the latest!" I could practically hear him bow through the communication artifact as he yelled for somebody to find Olfred and Mica. 

Pulling out the second artifact, I contacted the human royal family, "Priscilla, I need you to bring that useless husband of yours, your Lances, Gideon, and Director Goodsky to the floating castle for a council meeting."