Chapter 4: My Room

We finally got to Ethan and Grayson's house. When we walked in, I literally dropped my bags. My mouth was in oz. I was about ready to pass out.

"Go ahead and put your bags over to the side." Grayson told me.

I kicked them over to the side, and started walking forward. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was like a mansion!

"How did you guys afford this place? How much money do you get? Where's my room!?" I asked both of them. At the last question, I turned around sharply with my eyes wide open.

"One, we get paying twice a week!" Ethan said, chuckling.

"Two, that is none of your business young lady!" Grayson said. He poked at my head with every word he said. I rubbed my head with an 'ow!'.

"Three, follow me." Ethan said, walking towards a room.

Ethan opened the door. My room was huge! I had my own bathtub! My bed was really small, but I didn't mind. I had everything I'd imagine my room to be.

"Wow!" I said in aw. "This... Is amazing!" I said with a small scream at the end.

"We knew you'd love it." Grayson said.

I sat down on my bed. "Do you want to be in your room privately? In peace?" Ethan asked me.

"Yes... Please." I said. Ethan and Grayson left my room. I was so tired. I wanted to just stay her a live my brothers instead of with Janet and John.

Tony and Selena jumped up onto my bed and laid down up by my head. It didn't bother me because they did that all the time. I was drifting off into sleep. My eyes were closed, my breathing was steady, and my room was silent. Until my phone started ringing. I looked at it. It was Janet. I ignored it. Then I went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up. I looked at my phone. It was 6:10, I slept for two hours. I had 14 text messages from Janet. Including 6 missed calls. You just won't leave me alone will you, Janet?

I got up from my bed and started waking towards the living room. I see my big brothers both sitting on their butts watching Lonny Toons, laughing their heads off. Idiots...

"Hey! Look who woke up. We went into your room to see what you were up to earlier. We found out that you were still sleeping. We left you alone." Ethan told me.

I smiled. "Aww! Thanks guys!" I said and went up to them and hugged them. I have the best brothers in the world.

In the middle of our hugging, my phone rang. I looked at it and sighed. "People just don't know when to stop!" I said. I was frustrated. If I was in a cartoon, I'm sure that smoke would be coming out of my ears. I ignored the call.

"Who was that?" Grayson asked me.

"Janet. She's left me 14 texts and this is the seventh time she's called me. She just won't leave me alone." I said. I sat down on the couch.

"Oh... I have a question. Why do you call Aunt Janet and Uncle John... Well, Janet and John?" Ethan asked looking over at Grayson then at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I don't think of them as my aunt and uncle anymore. After I saw what people were saying about mom and dad, I've started calling them Janet and John." I said looking down at my feet.

"You don't know if mom and dad are dead or alive." Grayson said in a stern voice.

"That's why I'm trying to find out if they are or no-"

"Sadie, you can't look for mom and dad. It's to dangerous and you might even find the wrong people." Ethan said.

"I don't care! They're my parents! I can't look for my own parents!?" I said. I was getting mad now. Why don't they want me to look for our parents?

"SADIE!" Grayson yelled. "Don't you get it? Ethan and I are trying to protect you!" After Grayson said that, he walked to his room and slammed the door shut.

"Grayson!" Ethan yelled, before Grayson closed the door.

I put my head in my hands and sighed. Ethan turned around and sat down next to me. "He's just scared, Sadie." He told me with his hand on my back.

I got up from the couch and walked to my room. I slammed the door behind me and walked over to my bed. It was tiny.

I sat down. There were tears running down my face. I looked at my phone and dialed a number. My phone rang four times then the person picked up. "Sadie?"

"I need to tell you something." I told them threw the phone.

"Sure anything. What is it?" They asked.

"Could you tell me what Grayson and Ethan know about mom and dad? Please? They're being to protective."

"Sadie, I cant tell you that."

"Fine." I said. There was a small pause between me and-

"Sadie. I'm glad you called. I've been trying to call you for a long time. I even texted you."

"I know Janet. I was upset. I didn't feel like talking to you and John for awhile." I said.

"We're sorry, Sadie. We didn't mean to upset you. We just don't want you to know anything about your parents." Janet told me.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Because we knew this would happen. You would start searching for them and try to know if they were dead."

"So... Are they dead?" I asked.

"I can't say."

Then, she hung up on me.