Chapter 13

The next morning, I stayed in my room all day. Although, at 4:30 this morning,  I went to get ice cream and cake and a sandwich and two sodas. Then I went to my room.

I looked at my phone. It read 9:20AM. I haven't left my room ever since early this morning.

Ethan and Grayson were talking about how I handled things last night. Ethan thought about giving me back to Janet and John. Grayson said no.

I came out of my room and went over and sat next to Ethan on the couch.

"So," I said raising my voice. "Why do you think giving me back to Janet and John is a good idea? Huh? I thought you were happy with me being here?" I asked.

"Chloe, I do want you here, I really do. It's just..." Ethan said drifting off.

"What? It's just what?" I asked.

He sighed. "I just think that you should be with someone who takes care of you and can be there for you went you faint, and I think that Aunt Janet and Uncle John are perfect for you to-"

"Ethan, you are the one I want to be with! Not as a boyfriend- Gross, but as a brother, Ethan!" I told him. I grabbed his hands. "I need you guys. And I'm pretty sure, you guys need me as well." I told him.

"Chloe I-"

"I wasn't aloud to see you and Grayson for two years, Ethan. Two years." I told him, emphasizing the two years.

"Chloe," Ethan said making me close my mouth from talking again. "I missed you so much, a- and I know you wanted to stay with Grayson and I until you turned 18 but, I don't think that's gonna happen if Aunt Janet and Uncle John are gonna keep fighting for you." He said and walked to his room.

My eyes followed his back as tears streamed down the sides of my face. I felt something touch my shoulder and I got up from the couch and walked out of the house.

I know Janet and John's house is a few miles away, but I didn't care at this point.

When I got to the front door, I knocked on the door softly.

Janet opened it. Once she opened it and saw it was me, her eyes grew wider and she tried to close the door. I leaned on the door and I found out that I was stronger than an old lady. She backed away from the door, making me fall on the floor.

"Need some crutches, Chloe?" Janet asks me with sarcasm filled in her voice.

I just sigh and stand up. "I came here to talk." I said, being honest.

"What do you want to talk about?" Janet asks and sits on the couch.

I sit across from her. "Umm, w- where's John?" I ask.

"At work." She told me. "You came here to talk, now talk!" She says sternly.

I clear my throat. "I'm here to ask you to stop going to court and trying to get me back." I say looking at my feet. Man! I have really clean Converse! That's the first.

"That's all you came here for?" She asked.

"Yeah." I say and look inside her eyes. They were filled with tears. "I- I love you guys, I really do a- and I'll come and visit and I'm turning 18 soon so, I can come whenever at that point." I tell her. "So... What do you say?"

She walks to the door and opens it. I walk out and turn back around to face her.

"I say..." She stops and looks at me for a few seconds before saying her answer. "The court day is in two days. You'll know what my answer is then." She says and closed the door in my face.

I backed up and was looking at her front door.

I turned around and shook my head while I walked back home to Ethan and Grayson.