Chapter 14

Two days later, Ethan and Grayson come into my room and wake me up.

"Hey," Grayson said. "It's the day."

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. "Time to go see the old people?" I asked.

They both laughed.

"Only for a little while." Ethan said and walked over to me. "Now, come on," He bent down and I jumped on his back. "Let's get you dressed... Nicely."

I sighed. "Can I just wear pants and converse?" I asked, as Ethan carried me to my dresser. "I mean, it's not a special event."

"It'll be special to us," Grayson said. "If we do get you."

I looked at him and Ethan put me down.

It was awkward silence in my room.

"Umm," I started. "I'm gonna get dressed." I walked out of my room and went to the bathroom.

What if Janet and John get me? I just go back to not seeing Ethan and Grayson again? To be honest, I'd rather stay with Ethan and Grayson and not see those two old people till the day I die. What if I find my parents while I'm with Ethan and Grayson?

I get dressed and walk out into the living room to see Ethan and Grayson sitting there dressed nicely.

Since when have they dressed nicely?

"Okay," I said. They both turned and looked at me. "I'm ready." I looked down at what I was wearing; a dress with Converse.

I could wear Converse with everything I owned.

My brothers get up from the couch and walk towards me.

"Let's go." Ethan said.

We all got in the car and were on our way to court.

~

Everyone walked out of the building. I was upset, but I knew it was gonna happen soon.

I never thought that I would actually be able to live with them for the next two years until I move out.

I got to Janet and John's house. They stayed downstairs and talked to Ethan and Grayson.

I took off my dress and put on normal clothes.

That was such a long court... Talk... Thing...? Whatever.

I jumped onto my bed when I got dressed into normal clothes again and turned on the tv.

I wonder what John, Janet, Ethan, and Grayson have to say about all of this. I mean, it must be hard on everyone. You know, I'm not gonna be living with the two people I love. I won't be able to see them anymore. Well, only if I want to.

I watch the rest of my show and when it's over, I pause it.

I turned off the tv and went downstairs to the kitchen. I could hear them all talking, but I couldn't make out who was who.

"You have to make sure she's gonna be okay!"

"We've been with her for awhile now. I think we can handle her."

"If she starts looking again, just call us and we can take her out for dinner or something."

"I don't want her around you guys."

"Why not?"

"She can't deal with you and her parents at the same time. Her life is already bad as it is."

"It's only bad because of them!"

"Don't make it any worse."

I decide to walk in the living room. When I get in there, everyone turns and looks at me.

I raise one of my eyebrows. "Can I help any of you?"

"Why did you change?" Ethan asked.

"I can't stand being in a dress for more than an hour." I told him.

He nodded. "Hm."

I looked at Janet. Her eyes were shining in the light and she was smiling. I haven't seen her smile this much since I was a little girl.

I gave her a fake smile and looked at the ground.

"Hey," She said and lifted up my chin. "You can visit anytime you want. Okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

I looked at John. He was smiling. "Now," He said and put his hands on my shoulders. "Be good to your brothers. Alright?"

I laughed. "My room will still be a mess, John."

We both laughed.

Janet taped my shoulder, making me turn around. "Why are you calling us by our first names?" She asked.

I looked at Ethan, then looked at Janet. "Umm.."

"It's okay," John said. "You can tell us."

"Uh.." I chuckled. "Well, you see, uh," I swallowed my saliva. "Your not really known, um," I swear, I'm sweating like a pig. "Your not really known, um, as my, uh, aunt and uncle." I spitted out.

They were both shocked.

"What are we then, Chloe?" Janet asked.

"Um.."

"We've been there for you since your parents left. We've taken care of you since you were a little girl. We helped you through everything! We took you in when your parents didn't want you!" Janet yelled.

I looked up at her. "What did you just say?" I whispered.

She backed up. "I didn't say anything. Go pack, Chloe."

"They didn't want me?" I asked. I looked at Ethan and Grayson and shook my head.

People just don't know when to keep their mouths shut do they. I don't know anything anymore.

"You know what," I said and chuckled. "Forget I even started talking about mo and dad. I don't care." I shrugged my shoulders. "You can text mom and tell her to stop worrying about me!" I yelled and went up to my room, slamming the door behind me.