Chapter 15

I started packing the rest of my clothes in suitcases.

When I was done, I started taking all of them to Ethan and Grayson's car.

I'm glad that I'm going with them, but I kind of am gonna miss Janet ad John. I mean, they did take care of me my whole life.

I pushed all of my thoughts aside and was focused on getting out of this place.

When I was done putting everything in the car, I went back into the living room to say goodbye to Janet and John.

They both looked at me.

"Can you please, just, answer this one question?" I asked.

Janet nodded.

"Do they live in California?" I asked.

I remember that day I saw him. He said he missed me. Or.. I thought it was me he missed.

Janet looked at John. He went into the kitchen and opened a drawer. He pulled out a piece of paper. He walked back over to us and handed me the paper.

I looked and Ethan and Grayson, then down at the paper.

It had my mom and dads name on it. It had the year they were both born and.. The year they both died.

I started to tear up. I looked up at Janet and John.

"This is real?" I asked.

They both nodded.

I scoffed. I couldn't believe it. My parents are actually dead.

Everything was true. I didn't believe anything that they told me, when it was all true.

I didn't know it until now, but I was crying. I put my hand to my mouth to try and stop, but it didn't work. Ethan came up to me and hugged me.

At that point, I just let everything out. He was shushing me and rubbing my back.

Not knowing that your parents are dead, sixteen years after they actually died, is terrible. It hurts. It stings. It's horrible. It's unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was.. I can't even explain what it was, but... It was something.

I told Ethan and Grayson that I wanted to go home. They said that was fine and we said our goodbyes to Janet and John.

This was probably the last time I was ever going to hug them.

No. I didn't want to see them again. To be honest... I don't want to even know them. I know they didn't do anything wrong and that they were right this whole time, but I just don't want to see them.

When we got to the house, Ethan and Grayson got out of the car and got my bags of clothes in the house.

When they walked in, knowing that I was alone, I lost it again. I can't control this anymore. It's just gonna keep happening.

Why didn't I die with them? If it was because of the car accident, I should've died with them. They shouldn't even be dead right now!

I screamed as loud as I could and started hitting the car.

I kept thinking to myself the same thing. Knowing that it was true, I kept crying.

This is all my fault.

Ethan and Grayson opened my door. They saw me crying. I was a mess.

We went inside and I went to my room. I got on my bed and just cried. Cried myself a river.

I'm never gonna see them again. They're not even going to be at my graduation. They're not gonna see me grow up. They never did see me grow up!

Every time I thought these things, I just cried even harder. I didn't know what to do anymore. There was nothing to do.

Two Years Later

I realized that this isn't gonna change. My parents are dead and they won't be there for me anymore. They've been dead my whole life; eighteen years. It's pretty sad. It's been two years and I'm still grieving.

I never had the two people I needed. I have two people that I shouldn't even really need in my life.

I do have two other people that I love so much.

Ethan has a job at McDonald's. It's pretty funny once you think about it. He started working there a week after the court day.

Him and Grayson still talk about that day. They said it was the best day of their lives. I always laugh.

Grayson still has his job as a teacher for 3rd graders. Ethan and I still laugh at him everyday after he's off work, asking him how many questions he got right after answering them himself.

I got a job at Dutch Bros. I know, I'm eighteen and I work at Dutch Bros. Horrible. It's a nightmare. I started working here a year ago. I didn't really get it at first, but then this really cute guy started helping me get through everything.

I have decided to start dating this.. "Cute guy". Ethan and Grayson really like him. Them three hang out a lot. It's kind of weird.

I'm fine with it though. I hang out with my friends a lot too.

Anyways, nothing has really changed. I still love with my brothers and I graduating high school soon. I got a car from Ethan and Grayson and we have decided to go on a trip to California soon.

Nothing is different. It's all still the same.

I do miss Janet and John. I haven't seen them for two years. They call and text and I answer them.

I'm having a great time with Ethan and Grayson and my boyfriend. I think I just need some more time to heal from my parents.

I miss my mom and dad. I never really got to know them. They probably only knew me for three days. I think about them everyday. I'm not gonna forget them. I have pictures from Ethan and Grayson.

I thank mom and dad for giving birth to Ethan and Grayson and me. I have a good life right now and I hope to see my parents really soon.