Chapter 8

"What? They can't do that! Not if I have something to say about it!" I said.

"They can still go to court. You'll just probably be in handcuffs the moment Aunt Janet or Uncle John say something.." Grayson says. I scoff and Ethan elbows him in the side.

"Look, Chloe. We don't want you to leave, we want you to live with us for the rest of your life, to be honest." Ethan said. "But, If Aunt Janet and Uncle John want to take us to court for full custody of you, then we'll let them."

I sighed.

"It's probably best if we ask you questions about them to have some information that will lead you to coming home, with us." Grayson said.

I popped up my head and looked towards him. "Okay! You know, I'll lie about things that happened and then I'll come home with you guys! I'll say they hit me, they drink around me, they don't care for me, they almost hit me with a car once-" I started to say, but Ethan butted in.

"Chloe, we need proof and the truth!" Ethan said.

"Oh.. Well, you can forget my plan.." I said disappointingly.

"Well, we're gonna go get something to eat and then come back." Ethan said. I looked over to the wall. "Hey," He said and lifted my chin to look up at his eyes. "Don't worry. We'll get you out of there." He said and left with Grayson.

I sat in the room by myself, listening to my thoughts.

What happens if Ethan and Grayson don't get me? I don't want to live with Janet and John. Am I able to lie to the judge? Can I lie to the judge? If I have to, I'll lie. If I get put in handcuffs when Janet or John say their first word about taking me back, it's not my fault! Then, they'll all know how much I hate them.

"Can't wait to go to court." I said to myself and fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A WEEK LATER*
*COURT DAY*

"Chloe! Chloe, wake up!" I hear Grayson yell in my face while shaking me.

I try to ignore it as best I can.

"Ethan! Go get a glass of water!" He yells towards the door.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I say.

"Never mind, Ethan!" He yells back to Ethan.

"Are you serious? I was gonna get back at her!" Ethan said and pouted out of my room.

"Why are you waking me up so early?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because... Aunt Janet and Uncle John had us go to court today instead of tomorrow. Apparently, they want you early." Grayson said.

I got up from my bed and walked over to my shower and started it. I walked back over to my dresser and pulled out some of my clothes; Just normal clothes, not fancy. I hate fancy. I looked behind me and saw Grayson just looking at me.

"Can I have my privacy?" I asked. "Please?"

"Oh! Yeah! Of course!" Grayson said and walked out of my room closing my door.

I got undressed and went into a nice warm shower.

It was to quiet in my room, so I started to sing. I acted like I was on the The Voice. I started humming a random song, until I came up with a good song; Titanium.

When I finished singing, I walked out of the shower, my towel covering my body. I got dressed and brushed through my hair and teeth. I put on my black converse and opened my bedroom door to see my two brothers.

"Did you guys listen in on me?" I asked.

"What would you do if we said yes?" Grayson asked.

"Chloe, you have an amazing voice!" Ethan told me.

I blushed. "Thanks." I've never sang in front of anyone, nor to anyone.

I walked back into my room and put my hair up into a high pony tail.

"You ready?" Ethan asked.

"I'm ready." I said.

We walked out of the house and walked to the car. I got shot gun since it may be my last time sitting in their car.

(I'm gonna just go to the end of the court meeting because I don't want to type everything.)

"Well, I think Chloe should go home with her brothers." The judge lady said.

Me and Ethan and Grayson all hugged and I started crying. Only happy tears came out of Ethan and Grayson just kept jumping.

Janet and John were crying. I kind of felt bad.

We walked out of the building and walked towards the car.

When we got home, I ran to my bed and jumped on it. I fell off and laughed. I turned on my TV and started to watch, The Fosters.

Today was a good day. I loved today. I love my brothers. I love my room. I love the food that my brothers buy for me. I love my dogs. I love all dogs. I loved today.

My phone vibrated and I looked at it. I got a text from Janet.

I opened it and started to read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~