Chapter 17- Reap

"They who sow in tears shall reap with joyful singing."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭126:5‬ ‭AMP‬‬
-Amare Brown
________________________________

"Hello?"

"Aniyah, please come over and help me." I pleaded dramatically.

I'm always calling her for help.

Way to go Amare...

"Amare, yes I'll come but what's wrong." She asked.
I explained what happened with Chloe.

"Aww, poor baby. I'll be right over, and I have loads to tell you."

I smiled. "Yeah? Then come over, I'll listen, but get here please."

"I'm on the way love." She hung up. love?

I couldn't help but smile to myself.

I'm making Elijah and Chloe some food. I decided on Alfredo and breadsticks for them. Elijah is doctoring on Chloe right now.

About 45 minutes later, Aniyah was at the door. The kids were eating.

I opened the door and she rushed in with bags and bags of stuff.

"You poor thing." She sat next to Chloe and sat the bags down next to her.

"I got you some things I would feel you would need. I know you don't know me but it's the least I could do to help."

"Oh. Um thank you." Chloe said. She looked down at the bags and smiled. "Oh my gosh, Elijah look!" She reached down and pulled out a teddy bear.

"It's for the baby, when he or she gets here." Aniyah explained.

This is why I love her.

Chloe gave her a hug. "Thank you so much."

"Yes, no problem. My name is Aniyah, if you need anything let me know okay. I'll make Amare give you my number."

Chloe nodded her head and smiled. Her and Elijah started to look through all the bags.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the kitchen. "Amare! Why are you pulling on me." She giggled and pushed me away.

I came closer and hugged her. "Thank you." I told her in her ear. I kissed her cheek and let her go.

She was blushing. "Your welcome."

We stood there awkwardly.

"I um made some food? Want some?"

"Yes Amare. I would love some."

I escorted her to the table in the kitchen. I pulled her chair out and let her sit.

"Your food will be coming right out ma'am" I told her in my best waiter voice.

"Thank you sir."

I went to go fix her plate.

"So what's going on?" Aniyah asked me.

"Other then what I told you nothing. I'm just conflicted on if I should reach out to her dad or not."

"No. Please don't"

Chloe stood in the doorway of the kitchen. A plate in her hand.

"Don't call him Amare, please." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Well if you don't want me too, then of course. I wont."

"Thank you, I just don't want to talk to him right now. I think I'm just going to do online school here for a while. I only have a few credits left and I graduate. This is just until things die down, you know?"