Chapter 27- Money is the root of all evil

"Free me from prison so that I can praise your name. The righteous will gather around me because you deal generously with me." Psalms‬ ‭142‬:‭7‬ ‭
Aniyah's P.O.V
________________________________

"So you just found a two million dollar check signed by your father, under your desk." Amare said with a blank face.

"Yep."

"Interesting...."

"Very."

"So..."  He looked at me with confusion all in his eyes.

I laughed at him. "Amare no one can know about this money."

"Yeah I know, they would go crazy. Ms. Shirley down in children's church wouldn't know how to act"

"Maybe this is God telling me to go forward with the renovation plans?" I asked him.

"Or it could be something else. Let's not make a quick decision. Put that check away for now." He advised me.

"Okay I'll put it in the safe tonight."

"Great. Honestly I don't know why your dad thought laying checks around for millions of dollars would be a good idea but hey."

"Yeah my dad is....well was something else." I said sadly.

"Hey it's okay." He came and wrapped his arms around me.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Of course. Now I know you want to go home and change out of these church clothes."

"Yeah let's go."
________________________________
Later that day....

"Auntie baby getting so big." I said while I picked up Kemiah. She's almost 4 months and her features are more developed. Her skin is now a dark chocolate compared to the light complexion she had months before.

Salome came and sat next to me. I came over to her house to visit for a little while before I meet up with my boyfriend. It's still weird to say I have a boyfriend.

"We need a bigger house." Salome said with urgency.

"You guys just moved here three years ago when Kayden was born and he's about to turn 4."

"I know but I feel so enclosed in this house. It's little boys everywhere and I have a teenager and a newborn. They are stepping all over each other!"

She sighed in frustration.

"Well no one told you to get pregnant five times." I said quietly.

"Six."

"Your pregnant?!"

"Was."

"Oh." My smile dropped.

"I didn't want to tell you, I'm sorry. I found out two weeks ago. I didn't even know a baby was there until I started bleeding..."

I had nothing to say. I feel for my sister, she enjoys nothing more then being a mother and this loss must be devastating for her.

"How did Keveen take it?"

"He was okay. He said God has plan for us, so I'm going to believe that."

Kemiah cooed in my lap. She smiled at me.

"Let's be grateful for the things we do have right." Salome said. She smiled and picked her baby up.

"Moral of the story is that you have to find me a house."

"Me?!"

"Yes. Don't think I don't know about that secret real estate license you have."

Dang.