Chapter 23- Finally.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." ~ James‬ ‭1‬‬:‭17‬ ‭NIV‬
-Aniyah P.O.V
________________________________

"Off brand or get the name brand one?" My mom asked me.

Right now were at the grocery store grabbing the groceries we need for thanksgiving in two days. We've been here for two hours and I just want it to be over.

"Aniyah darling?" She said, grabbing my attention.

"Um just get the name brand box mom, I don't know." I told her with an annoyed tone.

"Well, don't get snappy with me." She rolled her eyes playfully.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket.

"I miss you. Tevin is driving me insane. Come back soon...please." ~ Amare❤️

I smiled at my phone.

"Does someone miss their boo?" She said making fun of me.

Honestly I do miss Amare. We stayed up all last night playing video games and laughing with each other. Before him all I cared about was work and running my business and keeping my customers happy and now I'm staying up to 2am to play video games with my best friend who I just so happen to have a crush on.

Kevene and Salome went on a date last night too so we babysat the kids. The kids love Amare and that's just double confirmation me.

"Mom, I do not miss him. It's only been like two hours." I told her.

"Oh okay"

She knows I'm lying.

We walked down the  "junk food aisle" or at least thats what my mom always calls it. Growing up I wasn't able to eat anything on this row.

She grabbed a bunch of chips and candy and dumped it into the buggy.

"What is all this for?" I asked her.

"My grand babies of course."

"Mom, I couldn't eat any of this as a kid, so how come they can. You already know the boys are hyper even without sugar."

"Well for one, I'm not their mother. Second, it's vacation. Lighten up Aniyah Zai." She patted my shoulder and walked away.

I shook my head and followed her.

We stayed in that store for another hour then we left. The rental van was packed with bags and bags of food.

"Okay I have one more place to go." My mom said happily.

I shook my head. "Okay mom."

We pulled up to a small boutique. I wanted to ask her why we were here but I just got out and followed her. The less questions I ask, the faster I can get home.

We browsed some of the aisles. The store was black owned. Beautiful clothes hung on the rack. I couldn't help but to look for something for myself.

"You see something you like?" My mom asked coming behind me.

"Actually yes. But I would never have anywhere to wear it to." I told her.

"Let's see it."

I pulled the long black dress of the rack. I'm a sucker for a black gown. It was made of a silky material.

"You should go try it on." My mom said smiling.

"Mom come on, we don't have time for this." I put it back on the rack.