Chapter 10

You turned into the driveway, after coming back from the mall. You saw that Jason is here still, or you assumed he was still here because there was a car here. You stepped out of the car. You walked around the corner and walked up to the door. The lights were out, it look pitch black in the house, maybe you stayed at the mall a while. Well the actual truth is that you weren’t at the mall the whole time. You were at Hunter’s house. It was now about 7 p.m. roughly, and you figure that Jason would be gone and heading home by now. You reach for the knob, and find that the door is locked. You reach into your pocket and find the key that unlocks the door. The lights were off inside.

     “Zayn are you in here?” you yelled trying to find out where Zayn was. “He’s upstairs, the lights went off, and we have no idea why. He sent me down here to make that you were alright.” Jason was standing very close to you; you could feel that his presence was right in front on you. “Well I am fine. I am going to go find Zayn.” You start you walk around Jason. He grabbed your arms extremely tight. “You know my brother.” You looked at him scared. “I barely know you Jason…” His grip got even tighter. “My mother loved names that start with the letter J.” Jason was looking straight at you, you could just tell. “What are you talking about?” He laughed a little bit. With his other hand he grabbed you, and forced you around the corner to the kitchen. He threw you onto the floor. “You know exactly what I am talking about!”  He yelled very loud. His tight grip, the letter J… FUCK. My life is in danger. “Are you Jessie’s brother?” you begin to cry, and scoot backwards.

     “Jessie said that you were, extremely smart. He failed to mention the fact that you are gorgeous.” His comment made you cry even more. “He probably just wanted you for himself. I don’t blame him. But that’s not going to happen.” You gasped making him turn around. Giving you just enough time to push him on the ground, you grabbed a knife. Jason was lying on his back. You didn’t want to die. “I’m sorry…” Jason was stronger than you, but you were too quick and stabbed him in the heart. “You and Zayn are the perfect couple…” Jason spoke his last words.

     What did he mean by that? You sat there crying for 10 minutes. Oh my god I need to find Zayn. You get up leaving Jason there, figuring that he is now dead. You run over to the sink, to wash your bloody hands. You cup your hands and hold the water in them, and then splash it onto your face.  You let a very heavy sigh, and look over to see Jason gone. “WHAT?!” you look around, start to cry again and then run upstairs. You look all over the place. You walk into your bedroom. Zayn was lying on the bed, asleep. You run up to him, crying even more. “ZAYN OH MY GOD, WAKE UP WE HAVE TO LEAVE. WE HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD JUST NOT HERE. WE CAN’T EVER COME BACK EITHER. I DID SOMETHING BAD.” You were screaming so loud there’s no way anyone could sleep through that.

     You were still crying. As soon as he saw that, he sat up quickly. “What’s going on?” You continue to cry; you let a little scream out and run your hands through your hair, and then pull your hair. “Zayn we have to leave now! Can’t I just explain in the car? Grab everything because we can’t ever come back. “But I don’t understand why babe.” Zayn just wanted you to stop crying. “I will tell you later, please. We really need to go; my life might be in danger.” Zayn was shocked. “Please, Zayn…” You stepped closer to him, and grabbed his hands. Sorrow was all you could feel once you saw the look in his eyes. “I don’t want to get into anything.” You let go of his hands, and backed away.

   “I still love you.” You got angry. “STILL? THIS IS THE FIRST I’M HEARING ABOUT THESE FEELINGS!” Zayn pulled you into a hug, and you just pushed him away. “Zayn either come with me or don’t!” he just stood there, and even as you began to gather whatever you could, he just stood there. He didn’t say a word, he didn’t move a muscle, and all he did was just stand there. “I’m leaving now, are you coming?” you said as you inch toward the door. You waited there for a few minutes. “Fine Zayn whatever, you know, before this relationship that you obviously don’t care about ending, you and I, we were best friends. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m not going to cry over you. The fact that I will be dead within the next 24 hours, if I stay is enough to scare me.” You walked over to your purse and reached in it and grabbed your phone. Then you left the room without another word.