Chapter 13

After you were a couple blocks away from the house you started to feel better. You looked at Zayn for a moment, and then back at the road. “Why were you going to let me walk out the door, and never come back?” The memory hurt more than the actual experience did. “I thought I was protecting you. But when I saw that Jessie was still alive…” Zayn sort of just slowly stopped talking. “Wait, you mean seeing Jason still alive?” Zayn looked out the window. “No, I mean Jessie.” Wait a minute. Why wouldn’t Jessie still be alive? “Why wouldn’t Jessie be alive?” “Because I thought he was dead. I thought that he wouldn’t be able to come around and hurt you anymore.” It took a minute for you to process. “YOU TRIED TO KILL JESSIE?” Zayn looked at you, “Yes, so that you didn’t get hurt. The same reason that you tried to kill Jason.”

     You looked at the time, and it was almost 8 p.m. “I really meant it you know.” You knew exactly what he meant. “You really meant what babe?” You slowly look over at him. “I love you.” He says simply. “Don’t say it if you don’t mean it.” You kept your eyes on the road. “I do mean it, we were best friends for a while, you know.” Zayn pointed out. “Yeah about that how long have you felt this way?” I was curious now. “Painfully long, but I just wanted you to be happy, even if it wasn’t with me.” You felt bad, you didn’t realize. “Oh my gosh Zayn I am so sorry! I didn’t know baby.” You looked over at him, and you saw that he was already looking at you. “You were the only one who didn’t.” he laughed. “Was it that obvious?” I was starting to feel a little bit stupid. “Yeah, I think it was.” “Zayn I’m all yours now. I love you too.” You knew that you had started to blush. “You’re so cute when I make you blush.” You laughed at him.

     A few minutes later you realized something. “I was with Jason for almost a year.” Zayn frowned. “Yeah I know.” “What I mean is, I know him really well.” Zayn looked at you. “So you’ll know what his next move will be.” “Yes, exactly.” You smiled. “Speaking of moves, why did you insist on hiding underneath the bed?” “I knew we would be safe there.” Zayn looked at you amazed. “How could you have possibly known that?” “Because just like I know his next move he thinks that he knows mine. And he knows that I am not stupid enough to stay in a house with two psychopaths who want to kill me. So of course, under the bed was the perfect place to hide.” He was still looking at you amazed. Zayn looked at the road, smiled and then laughed. “Wow.” He said. “What?” You asked him. “My girlfriend is a fucking genius!” he said to you, kind of half-way screaming excitedly.