LA

When we arrive at Daniels house, or well house, this is more a mansion. I've never seen anything like this in my life.
Which makes sense, because my family isn't wealthy, we had it good, but we were never even close to being able to live in something like this.
When we pull up front of the house my jaw drops and I don't seem to be able to get it to close again.
"Let's go inside, I'll get the luggage later." Daniel takes my hand and he almost has to drag me with him, I'm just stunned.
I mean I knew in Beverly Hills there were a lot of famous people who lived in massive villas. I just never thought I would ever set foot in one of them.

When Daniel opens the door he lets me get in first. I don't even know where to look. He has a massive living room and one wall is pretty much all glass windows and behind that I see a bright blue swimming pool.
"Oh my god you have a swimming pool in the backyard." I look back at Daniel. He's got such a proud look on his face.
"Yeah of course. I don't think there are any houses here that don't have one. There's a jacuzzi there as well." He winks and I can totally read his dirty mind.
I walk up to the windows to look outside. The view is stunning. There's a lot of green around the house and when I look beyond that you can actually see the city of LA.

"Come let me show you around." I hear behind me as I'm totally taking in the view.
"Yeah ok." I follow him, but I'm still not really taking in the fact that we'll be staying here for a few days.
In the kitchen there's all the appliances you can think of, there are some bedrooms on the ground floor. "How many bedrooms are there?" I ask him.
"Five, these are guest rooms, Michael and Blake usually take these. On the first floor is the master bedroom." He explains.

I let out a sound, that kinda makes me sound a bit crazy, "right, a master bedroom. Of course I should have known that."
"It has an en-suite as well." He is really trying not to laugh at my expressions.
I follow him upstairs to the first floor where this massive master bedroom is located. "Is this entire floor your bedroom?" I ask him.
"Pretty much, there's like a terrace going around it so you can go outside when you wake up to look at the sunrise."

Where the bed is, there's a massive glass sliding door, the view here is even better.
He leads me through a door and guess what, there's the en-suite. Also with so much glass around it you can take a bath while enjoying the view. The bathtub is big enough for both of us and there's also a separate shower. 
"Daniel I've never seen anything like this, I just can't believe my eyes. This is actually yours?" I ask him.
"Yeah, I bought it a few years ago and I try to spend as much time here as possible. I love the city, but I also love coming here to relax and unwind. In Europe F1 is so big, everybody knows you there. But over here it's not like that. I can go out and almost nobody comes up to me for photos or autographs." He hugs me from behind while we look out the window.

"I can imagine how relaxing that is. I mean I'm used to that of course, nobody knowing me. But seeing only the tiniest bit of your life the last week, I'm starting to understand what it's like for you." I lean against him, "but I'm so grateful you want to share your life with me. I know it's not always going to be easy and I'll have to share you with millions of people, but that's ok. I can handle that."

"Are you sure?" He turns me around so he can look at me, "I mean, this is all completely different then the life you are used to. And not just to good parts, but also the lack of privacy, peoples opinions, living out of your suitcase. All that?"

I put one hand on his chest where his heart is, I can feel it beating calmly. "I know I've had a few break downs this week, but I always bounce back. I hate it that I may have caused you problems and stress. That's the last thing I want, you need to focus on driving, not on me. Especially during the season. So are you sure I am what you need right now?"