Miami

Saturday has flown by. Daniel and I spend a beautiful day outdoors with a nice picknick.
We talked so much about our lives but also about his career and how he's feeling about it this year so far.
I love talking with him, there's so much that we still need to learn about each other and we don't shy away from the more difficult subjects either.
Saturday was really a day where we became so much closer, not on physical level, but on personal level.
We even had our first disagreement, not about anything serious, but he is not a cat person and I do like cats. But it was fun to discuss about it.

Sunday we flew to Miami, it was about 5 hours so not too bad, but it's crazy to think that it takes 5 hours on a plane to get from one side of a country to the other side. In Europe you've crossed loads of countries in 5 hours.
We had a nice quiet night in the hotel and now it's Monday and it's raceweek again. And also in 2 days I'm going to stand on a stage in front of a lot of people and I'll be singing. I keep going back and forth in my head to cancel it or to just do it.
I know I can't cancel now, because I promised Lewis, but more importantly, I promised Daniel that I would go for it. And I know I have to do this for me, I loved being on stage in the bar in Monaco so I do kinda want to feel like that again. Also I've already turned my life upside down and I'm pretty much living out of my comfort zone the entire time, so why not do this as well.

After breakfast with Daniel, Michael, Blake and Lando, I have agreed to meet Lewis. Daniel insists on taking me to the location where the dinner is going to be. Lewis arranged for us to meet there so I can see the location and rehearse on the stage.
When we get there Lewis is already waiting for us.
"Hey kid.... Sorry I mean hey Skylar." He greets me with a hug and fist bumps Daniel.
"Hey mate, how are you doing. You look good man." Lewis tells Daniel.
"I'm good, looking forward to this weekend. Really excited to see the track in real life." We all walk inside to see where the dining hall is.

"Oh my god, this is quite big, how many people are going to be here Wednesday?" I ask Lewis.
"I think there will be around 150 people. Maybe more, I'm not really sure." He shrugs and I start to freak out again.
"Wait what? Maybe more than 150, you didn't mention there would be so many people." I notice my heart rate increases and my breathing is a bit unstable.
"Whoa baby look at me." Daniel turns me around so I face him, "don't panic. I'm here, breathe with me ok. Calm down."
He makes me breath together with him and slowly my heart beats a bit more at a normal pace.

"I thought there would be like 25 people or something. I didn't expect this many." I say to Lewis when I'm finally calmed down a bit.
"I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that, I didn't know at first, but I should have known there would be quite a lot of people." Lewis apologizes and I can tell he feels bad that I almost had a panic attack.
"Baby remember in the bar, there were at least 75 people there, maybe more. So you can handle 150 people easily." I love the way Daniel is so supportive and I guess he is right. It might be scarier to sing for two people then for 150. Also because then I won't really see them anyways because of the lighting.
"You're right, thank you for your support. You're the best." I give him a kiss and then turn to Lewis.

"Ok so what's the plan for today?"
"Well I thought you might want to get up there, I have invited the sound tech to be here as well, so we can make sure everything is set up perfectly." Lewis nods his head towards the stage and I go there to get set up by the sound tech, his name is Chris. He already has the music installed and he hands me a microphone.
We also discuss the order of the songs and I decide to start with the slower songs and I'm gonna end with the most powerful I put on the list.

I take a deep breath and I walk out on the stage, there's a microphone stand so I can put it on there. I see Lewis and Daniel sitting on one of the tables that will be filled with people in 2 days.
Daniel smiles at me and he looks so proud before I even started. I nod at Chris and he puts on the first song.