Meanwhile

There were many strange things in the world that could be easily explained by science. For example, earthquakes were caused by tectonic plates shifting around. Another one is that birds could fly because they had hallow bones.

One thing that could not be explained by science was whatever insane reality Monika was currently living in. She had known for quite some time now that she was a fictional character from a video game. Not only that, she had managed to hack into the game's code and interfere with the files. She thought that she had seen everything.

But this place? The Arena? It made no sense whatsoever. It was as if the world she was standing in both existed and didn't exist at the same time.

Through several thorough investigations, she came to the conclusion that, if this place was somehow "real," it didn't operate in any consistent function. Things were often changing in ways that were not physically possible, but she knew in her heart that the world around her was not purely fictional. Rather, it was some sort of gateway; a subspace between dimensions.

What really caught her attention was the manner in which the Arena was changing. There was no physical indication of this (like some sort of glitch in the Matrix). Instead, it seemed that the very fabric of the Universe was being altered by a singular entity. More terrifying yet, Monika had managed to track down the source of the disturbance. It was hidden right beneath her this whole time.

Something horrible was going on. Whoever was doing this to everyone had control of not only the Arena but the very reality that they were living in.

Monika took a deep breath. It was time to end this once and for all.