The End

Johnny Gat strode through the woods atop the cliffs with the utmost confidence. He knew that the games were almost over, and the thought of heading back to the streets filled him with determination.

However, that was all about to change.

As he came across a crevasse, a familiar voice called out to him.

"Hey! Johnny! A little help here?"

Gat glanced down only to find Sonic trapped between two walls. His leg appeared to be caught in a small crack at the bottom.

"You've got to be kidding me," Johnny sighed as he got down to his knees.

Before he could reach in to help the blue blur, Freddy grabbed Gat by the back of his neck and threw him against a tree.

Dazed, Gat pulled out two pistols and aimed them at the animatronic.

"Eat lead, asshole!"

Bullets pierced through Freddy's tough exterior but failed to actually hit anything important. He laughed as he stalked towards the Saint.

Gat, however, refused to go down without a fight. Scrambling to his feet, he pulled out a large butcher knife.

"You wanna dance!? Let's dance!"

He ran towards the beast, slashing and kicking at every part that he could reach.

Freddy was not impressed. The animatronic grabbed Johnny by the throat, slowly crushing his windpipe.

Just when it seemed that all hope was lost for the gangster, something miraculous happened. A blue spinning ball of death rammed through Freddy's head, splitting it in two.

Johnny Gat fell to the ground, coughing and rubbing his bruised neck. When he finally dared to look up, he saw Sonic staring right back at him.

"Weren't you trapped in a crevasse or somethin'?"

Sonic just grinned.

"Sorry about that. Just needed old Fred-head gone so that we could get outta this mess together. I figured that you could do a better job of beating him than I could."

Johnny glared at him.

"I could've died, you know."

Sonic shrugged.

"But you didn't. Come on, let's find a way out of here."

Just as he turned to leave, the hedgehog felt a sharp pain in his back. His eyes widened as he fell to the ground.

"You... I thought you were my friend."

Johnny grimaced as he tore the bloody knife out of Sonic's back.

"We were, until you decided to use me as bait. I said it once, I'll say it a million times-"

He kicked the hedgehog in the face, breaking his nose.

"-don't fuck with the Saints!"

As Sonic lay dying, he held his hand out towards Gat, reaching for him one last time.

Johnny stared at it for a minute. He looked into the tribute's eyes, seeing the light fade from them.

Then, he turned and left.