Night Seven

Freddy walked through the woods, occasionally laughing to himself as his battery drained even more.

Sonic thought about his friends back home as he laid down beneath the starry night sky.

Mario found Johnny Gat sleeping in a makeshift hammock. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward and shot out a fireball. The structure was immediately engulfed in flames.

The plumber excitedly jumped into the air, letting out a triumphant, "WHA-HOOOO!"

He landed in his signature victory pose, completely unaware that Johnny Gat was behind him. There was a deafening BANG and then complete silence.

"Don't fuck with the Saints!"

Meanwhile, Lucio went to the border of the Arena. He knew that if he tried to escape through there, he would die. Maybe there was some way to get past it without instant death?

"That's far enough, Morgasson."

Lucio spun around on his heel, pulling out his sword and thrusting it forward. A hooded figure grabbed the blade with a sharpened claw.

"My, someone is eager to get started. Here I thought that Sans would've been enough... guess I need to give a better example."

Lucio's eyes widened as flashes of the hollow skull flooded his memories. In a panic, he tightened his grip on the handle, drawing his sword back with all his strength.

What he got instead was a broken blade. Fear coursed all throughout his body as he looked up to see the rest of the sword still in the creature's hand.

Enraged, Lucio swiped forward with his golden gauntlet. The hooded figure easily sidestepped the attack, grabbed his metal arm, and ripped it off at the shoulder.

Before the ex-mercenary had a chance to react, the figure lunged forward and sank his fangs into the tribute's throat. Lucio squirmed in place, trying to push the deranged monster away, but he was too heavy.

A pool of blood started to form beneath them. It was getting hard for Lucio to breathe. His body was starting to go numb.

As his eyes slowly drifted shut, the image of Hanzo Hasashi in the Netherrealm grew clearer and clearer.