Chapter 2

We got to the airport the next morning. It was hectic and crowded. Leona and I got lost at least 3 times and if it weren't for the nice woman who helped us find our route,we would've been on our way to Pennsylvania.

It was early when we got there so we stopped and ate breakfast at some restaurant and had coffee. Leona doesn't really drink coffee so she just got a protein shake for the flight.I was wearing a pair of baggy jeans with a cute lace trim crop top and my hair was in a high ponytail since it was still damp from washing it last night.

When I had got home from work, David left me a note under my front door mat, telling me bye and how he's going to miss me. It made me smile.

There were kids running around and business people pacing through the airport, trying not to be late. "I'm just glad we got here early enough," she said. I nodded with a mouthful of pancakes in my mouth. After I swallowed it and chugged down my cup of milk. "Yeah. When will the flight even get here?"
Leona looked at her watch. "30 minutes. So stop talking and chew."

Once we got on the plane, my heart started to beat faster, but I felt a little better since there weren't many people flying with us. We fought over who would take the seat by the window as the flight attendant talked through the speaker. "Alright... good morning everyone. Please take your seats so we can get this plane in the air."

My stomach was already bubbly, so I just went ahead and let Leona take the seat by the window to save a trip to the bathroom. There was no one close to our age on the plane, except for a couple of teenagers at the front. When everyone was seated a woman wearing a black skirt and a button up shirt walked to the middle of the plane.

"Okay. Now that everyone is seated make sure you have your seat belt on while I talk about what you should do if we go underboard."

She pulled out a lifejacket from the closet and me and Leona both looked at eachother. She saw the expression on my face and then giggled.
"If we ever crash into the ocean, kids will need to put this on first. Now, since there aren't many of you, surprisingly, there will be enough for everyone."

The lady then showed us how to put it on, talked some more, and then walked away to the front of the plane.
Leona gave me some gum. "It's gonna help with your ears popping."

"Popping?"
She laughed. "Yes. It doesn't hurt though. You'll be fine."

I grabbed my book and my bag of gummy bears once the plane took off. It wasn't really bad, but I kinda regret not choosing the seat by the window. The lady in front of me leaned her seat all the way back and didn't save me any leg room.
•┈┈┈••✦ :🪷: ✦••┈┈┈•
It was a 7 hour plane ride and for those 7 hours, we read, watched cartoons, and slept most of the way. Leona tapped my shoulder every now and then to look at the clouds or the mountains we passed. The lady came around with more snacks and of course I took them. They were peppermint chocolate cookies, one of my favorites.

Leona shook me out of my dream when the plane was finally landing. I dreamed of falling in love again, but it wasn't with him. I saw the Eiffel Tower too, and something involving coffee. It was evening, and the pilot was telling us to stay seated. I'm guessing it's just my excitement to get to Paris.

I yawned. "How could you even sleep? You can hear the engine from here." I shrugged. The kids behind us began jumping up and down and kicking our seats.

"Cut it out! You'll be able to pee once you get off," said the man.
I leaned over and looked out the window to see an orange and yellow sunset and quickly took out my camera to take a picture. It was beautiful watching the sun slowly fall behind everything and the colors go from bright and vibrant, fade into pure darkness.