Chapter 12

Danny made me a big frappuccino with extra carmel before driving me back to Leona's grandparents house. He told me his shift had already started so he was only going to drop me off and to text him about it later. I was feeling nervous before he gave me a kiss on the cheek and played with my hair for a little while before saying, "You two will work it out alright? It'll be fine."

I nodded and opened the door, but before closing it I dipped my head down and said, "Thanks for letting me stay over." He smiled and shook his head."Anytime."

Her grandparents answered the door and took me in their arms when they saw me and my heart melted on the spot. But I was positive Leona wasn't going to be so happy to see me, considering the fact that I told her she was a better friend than Danny. But when she saw who it was at the door, a smile grew on her face and she rushed over to give me a hug too. "Saph! Oh my god you're back! I'm so sorry for everything I said.

" She was still hugging me and shaking me around and I was able to catch my breath once she finally let me go. Her hair was in a poofy, messy bun, with her pjs on. "We'll give you two some privacy," her grandpa said before they walked off into their room. Leona and I walked over to the couch. "I know I've been so stuck up lately. I completely forgot about what you're going through right now."

I raised my eyebrows a little because I was expecting a whole other reaction. "So you're not mad?" She let out a laugh. "Of course not. I mean I was mad when you, but I'm not mad at you anymore. I was so relieved when you texted me, I didn't even care about what you even said." I sighed in relief. "But also what you did was stupid," she said with a shrug.

"So what if he has a girlfriend? You barely know the guy. Although I have to admit... he is kind of a cutie." I playfully punched her arm. "I know him a lot more than you think I do. And he doesn't have a girlfriend. It was his sister."

She made a face like she was relieved. "Thank goodness." Then she jumped on the couch and crossed her legs. So what's the deal with him? Do you like him?? Does he like you? Did you guys kiss?!" I cringed at her questions, and when I didn't answer, her mouth fell open. "

Are you serious? I can't believe this!" The smile on her face was bigger than mine. It's like she was more excited about me and Danny than I am. Truth is, I'm not really that happy. I am just a little because I love how invested she is in us.

We're moving way too fast and I don't even know if we'll stay in contact when I go back home. What if he'll find someone else; someone that lives closer to him? Things would just go back to the way they used to be like we never even met, just like I told him. This would all be easier if I just stayed in Paris and I kind of wish I could, but I can't. My whole life is back at home.

After thinking, I came up with my final answer. "Fine I do like him...."
Before she could say anything, I cut her off. "But... just a little."
Her smile dropped. "Oh come on. It's clear he likes you. He even told you I'm pretty sure. And let's not forget about that date he took you on...."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. He knows that we're leaving next week and it upsets him. What will happen to us?"
"Nothing. You guys can do long distance for a little while, right? I mean, just until you guys get serious."
I shake my head. "That can't work. We both have different lives,different paths, even different time ranges. It would be exhausting."

I dropped my face in my hands and let out a big long sigh. "This is more complicated than I thought it was going to be."

•┈┈┈••✦ :🪷: ✦••┈┈┈•
At least David is making things run ten times smoother. For some reason, him talking about his problems made me feel better, like I wasn't alone. Leona and I laid across the living room floor, talking on and on about what's going on in our life right now. He said he's talking to a new guy he met at one of his clubs and of course we had to ask a ton of questions about him.