Chapter 3

Leona and I were out the door by 8am, which is surprising because we woke up late. Last night, we stayed up unpacking and organizing our stuff and right when we laid down, David texted me back. I sent him some pictures of us on the plane and when we were walking through town and he's probably just now seeing it.

David: "Omg it's so beautiful there!"
David: "Bring me something back for when yall go shopping tomorrow."
Me: "We'll see."

I was joking. Of course I'll buy something for him.

Her grandpa woke up early to cook us some breakfast. Waffles and eggs with fresh fruit from their garden. Last night, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and Leona of course had to take off her makeup and do her 10 step skincare routine. That's another thing I love about her. She's been into makeup and beauty for as long as I've known her.

It was a torrid morning. The sun was out and the white fluffy clouds almost filled the sky. Everyone was out walking their pets or going for a run. My heart warmed when I saw a mother strolling her two sons in a stroller.

It reminded me of my mom and how she was with me and my younger brother, Gage.
Gage was so kind and sweet and now he's super disrespectful to us.

He gets in trouble a lot at school. My mom had just called me last month saying she had to enroll him somewhere else because he was getting into too many fights. Leona says he's just going through his troublemaker phase, and that he'll become more mature when he goes to highschool. I hope she's right. He's only 12.

I called an uber and we waited 20 minutes for it to come. While we were waiting, we had a plate of eggs and toast. Her grandpa made us his special strawberry protein shakes.

"It's hot out and you two will be out all day," he said.
Leona wore her shorts and a crop top and I was forced to wear a sundress. Leona said it was cute. I guess.  It was yellow with flowers and daisies on it, and my hair was in two braids.

It wasn't long before we were back into town. The uber  guy dropped us off, the same one who picked us up from the airport, and we began walking along the streets towards the coffee shop.

I felt really excited. I was around new people in my favorite city ever with my best friend, and just a couple of days ago I was crying over a breakup. It made me realize that things like that happen everyday and I need to just accept it.
•┈┈┈••✦ :🪷: ✦••┈┈┈•
We finally made it to the cafe. It looked a little old fashioned, with an all brown exterior with a few tables and chairs outside under the light's that read, Tova Cafe in cursive above. I could tell that there were already many people inside.Leona walked in first and I trotted after her.

My nose was greeted with the sweet smell of brewed coffee and walnuts. The sound of heavy machinery, people chatting, and the tv filled the air. We walked up to the counter and there were 2 guys standing there talking to each other.

After waiting for a couple of seconds, Leona snaps her fingers to get their attention and they both turn around and one walks over to us. "Goodni- morning," he said, shaking his head in confusion.
"Goodmorning."

He had a tag that read "Danny."
Danny had short brown hair which was a little curly with a black shirt on and jeans. He was quite good looking; like the kind of guys you would see in an 80s movie.

"This is our first time here...." Said Leona. She looked up at the menu ( that didn't have many to choose from) and a few seconds later, she looked back down. "I'll just get a vanilla frappe."

Danny writes it down on a small notepad. "Make it with extra Caramel please."
He nodded and then his eyes met mine. "And what would you like mam?"
I was immediately put in a trance. His big brown eyes suddenly made me dizzy. I felt Leona looking back and forth at us and a small grin grew on her face.