Chapter 4: Stalkers aren't Yanderes, are they?

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had never been more glad about being able to sleep in peace, without anything bothering him. The first time he felt this way was when he escaped from the White Room and slept on a normal bed for the first time in many years, with nothing but peace as the only emotion he felt while he slept. It was almost the same case yesterday, but with arguably a more stressful environment and circumstances...

"After everything that's happened yesterday, I almost hoped to die in my sleep just to put an end to this living hell that I'm in. Wait, that's an exaggeration. I wouldn't compare this to my life in that place, because the one pulling the strings behind it all is someone whom I detest with every fiber of my being. At the very least, this weird superpower isn't really doing anything to put me in direct danger."

The young man had just finished checking if he had forgotten anything to bring with him and was about to leave, only for him to feel that he wasn't ready to go yet. It's like there was something pulling him back in this place and it was tempting to give in... very tempting.

"I feel tempted to just stay in this place and never come out again... but that's going to bring me some intense consequences," Kiyotaka thought, having learned his lesson from yesterday's events.

Plus, he was completely sure that if he doesn't show up to class, some people are going to be upset and will likely cause that insanely broken skill he had to activate again just to keep them from being sad. While that skill wasn't going to harm him in any way, it does have the tendency to drive him closer and closer to insanity with how absurd it was.

Kiyotaka shook his head. He should really get used to it and by that, it meant treating this superpower and everything it can do as something normal. It's becoming more and more obvious that it won't be going anytime soon, and he wasn't dreaming either.

The young man opened the door and stepped out into the hallway, where he saw Kikyo standing outside of her room with a big smile on her face. Her smile only grew wider when she saw him.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun!" she greeted eagerly.

"Good morning, Kushida."

Right, Kikyo wanted to go to class together, which was pretty much the reason why the system made them neighbors, even though they could do that without living next to each other. So, instead of doing it for the girl's happiness, it felt like the system did it for the sake of making his high school life more complicated. It just needed a good excuse to activate the skill...

[Kushida Kikyo: 'Happy Scheming Neighbor']

[Relationship Status: A Rocky Relationship]

[Affection Points: 27/100]

"Well, at least she isn't sad anymore," Kiyotaka allowed himself a sigh of relief before taking notice of the strange word that's next to her name, which seemed to portray the current mood of a particular heroine. "Scheming? Hm, must be about Horikita then. I should really find out what exactly Kushida did in her old school, since her 'summary' made a big deal about it and it's the reason why she hates Horikita. However, that's something I can't ask her, otherwise I risk pissing her off and something bad happening... maybe I can ask Horikita? They did come from the same school..."

Kikyo walked up towards him, her bag firmly in her grasp, before she sent him a look of excitement. "Are you ready to go to school together?"

Kiyotaka gave her a nod and prepared to leave for the elevator, when the two heard someone speaking from behind them with a cold tone, almost to the point that it felt like the temperature around them dropped several degrees.