Chapter 13: After Chaos Comes Peace

This is the poll's current standings:

Haruka - 48

Yuki - 45

Masumi - 37

Maya - 15

Chie - 11

You still have two days to vote everyone. Only one vote, though. VOTE IN MY PROFILE.

Three days after the day of their midterm examination, the results were already out. In any other normal school, it would have taken a week at the very least for all the students' exam papers to be checked.

But ANHS was anything but a normal school.

To say that they were nervous would be an understatement.

It was funny; yesterday they were filled with confidence that they will be able to pass their midterms with no problem, especially after hearing that they will be rewarded with a nice vacation if they pass their finals.

But now that they were about to find out how they did in their exams, they had no idea what to do. A lot of them were already anticipating a low score in all of their tests to the point that they almost didn't want to see their results.

However, they couldn't exactly do anything the moment they heard the bell ring.

"Quiet down, everyone. We are starting homeroom right now," Chabashira-sensei spoke as she walked inside the classroom with her usual aura of seriousness.

Her face conveyed no emotion, which only made those who were nervous even more skeptical of their possible results. They couldn't tell if the woman was pleased or angry with them.

"Chabashira-sensei, we were told that the results of the midterms would be out today. Will you show them to us?" Hirata asked the biggest question that was on everyone's minds at the moment.

"About that," the woman stood behind the podium as anticipation and nervousness began to fill the students. "I'm supposed to show it to you in the afternoon, but I figured that doing it right now would lessen the burden on you for the whole day. Would you like to see your results now?"

A smirk had formed on their teacher's face, which only added to the growing anxiety that they were already feeling.

Despite that, a lot of them also wanted their teacher to just come clean and announce the results to get it over with. After all, the more they wait around, the more they'll feel nervous about their grades.

"Yes, sensei," most of the students chorused.

The smirk on Sae's face widened even more upon hearing their answers. With that, she took out a rolled-up poster and pasted it on the blackboard, but no one could see what it said because she was blocking it.

However, when she faced her class again, the expression on her face had changed. She was now smiling, looking genuinely happy which shocked a lot of her students. They had never seen her smile before, because smug and angry expressions were all that Chabashira-sensei gave them for the past two months.

"Your efforts weren't put to waste. Perhaps it's indeed too early to say that you're nothing but defectives. I acknowledge your efforts on a successful midterm examination, Class D."

Sae moved to the side, allowing her students to see the poster. Everyone's names were listed there, along with the scores they've gotten from each subject.

"Wow..."

"Some of us scored so high!"

"I actually did better than I expected!"