Chapter 21

No ones POV:
             "Zukoooooo! Zukoooooo!"
             Zuko slipped into Y/N's room, softly sliding the door shut. "What?" he hissed.
             She stuck out her arms, "Come cuddle!"
             Zuko sighed, rolling his eyes, "You need your rest."
             "Pleeaase," she pouted, wiggling her fingers, "I'll sleep if you hold me. Promise."
             He raised his eyebrow, "That tea really was strong."
             But still he laid down under the blanket with her, letting her curl into him. He put one arm around her waist and she grabbed onto it, giggling the whole time.
             "Okay, okay. Go to sleep,"
             "Okay...Hey, Zuko," she said not a second later, reeling her head back so aggressively she almost rammed her forehead into his nose—again.
              "What?"
              "You know my friend?"
              "Sure,"
              "He's the Avatar,"
              He would have laughed at the wild look in her eyes if his insides weren't being crushed with guilt, "I know."
              She gasped, "You do? Wow! You're so smart, Zuko."
              She turned away from him. Zuko pressed his lips into her shoulder, closing his eyes. She would remember none of this.
              "I'm so sorry, Y/N,"
              "Oh, it's okay, Zuko—Wait, what are you sorry for?" she garbled.
              "Nothing. Don't worry about it. Go to sleep,"
              "Okay," she nosed deeper into her pillow. Her voice was muffled but he still heard when she said, "Zuko? I love you."
               She would remember none of this.
               "I love you, too."

              Sure enough, Zuko woke up to fingers running through his hair. He still had his arm around Y/N and his face in the crook of her neck, but she had rolled onto her back. She grinned at him, sleepily, "Did you come to cuddle in the middle of the night?"
             "Yes," Zuko lied.
             Her grin grew bigger and his heart melted a little.
             Augie came to visit while Y/N ate a breakfast of bland, rubbery scrambled eggs. He wouldn't stop fretting over how she almost died and profusely thanking the three of them for saving the village. In fact, half the village followed to visit. They gathered around and listened to Y/N and Iroh telling tales, they brought food and other goodies, until their cart was absolutely loaded with supplies when they set out a few days later.