Better Angels

((Hello, I'll keep this simple and quick. From this chapter, once a love interest dies, there will be three choices. Bad ending, a good ending, and the original ending that will continue with the story. I hope you enjoy.))

"Good evening (Y/n)."

Dizzily lifting herself, (Y/n) proceeded to open her eyes, noticing that she was in an unfamiliar area. Oh... it was the RV. In front of her was Shane, who had a glass of water for the lady. Looking out of the window, it was already dark. How long did she pass out for?

(Y/n) rubbed her temples, suffering from a strong migraine. Reminiscing, she did have a rough night. Not being able to stop crying, yet at the same time, nothing could've been heard except for her voice. She went through a panic attack, no doubt.

However... (Y/n) looked at Shane who was searching for pain-relieving pills. This man was there for her, and he fought everyone for her comfort. He took her to a calm place, embraced her, and whispered reassuring words to her. Shane did all that even though he didn't know the reason why she was panicking.

"Here you go." Shane's voice soothingly called out to her, handing her the little pill for her to ingest. Once it was in her mouth, he pulled up the glass of water for her to wash down the pill with.

"Slowly..." His deep voice calmly instructed her, making sure she doesn't choke while taking the reliever.

"You should rest today. Your body is too weak for anything. Please, don't exhaust yourself. I'll go grab something for you to eat." Shane didn't want to leave her in this state, so he looked outside of the RV window and saw Carl kicking some pebbles.

"Hold on." Shane leaned down to kiss her on the forehead, before hurriedly leaving the car to catch Carl.

"Carl! Come here for a second." The little boy seemed to be startled once he was called. For some reason, Carl did appear to be nervous.

"I want you to stay with (Y/n), okay? Make sure to make her happy." Shane decided to ignore the boy's fidgety behavior. However... Carl held onto Shane's arm, tugging him to kneel.

"I have something to tell you... about (N/n)..." Carl didn't dare to look into the man's eyes at this point. Any matter related to (L/n) is important to Shane, even if it was as simple as what she ate for lunch.

"I'm listening." Shane crouched down for Carl to have easier access to tell him what happened.

"I... it's my fault." Those words reminded him of (Y/n) yesterday when she was having a rough time. Now he knew that he'll get the answer to the origin of (Y/n)'s panic attack.

"I went to the forest, I was bored. I spotted a walker and not even a minute later (Y/n) was there. He was stuck in the mud, but I kept throwing rocks at him and moving him. I asked if we should kill it, but (Y/n) didn't want to. So we left it alone. If only I didn't go." Both of Shane's favorite people were blaming themselves, and it hurt the man to see them in this position.

"It's not your fault Carl... not hers either. It was Dale's fate." "And will my fate be like his?" The question that Carl asked caught Shane off-guard. The man never wanted to imagine a life without either of them, so he pulled the little boy in his arms.

"No... I'll make sure to protect you and (Y/n). I'll be there with you whenever, wherever." Shane found it hard to have a life without the two.

Crashing noises were heard inside, which caused Shane to instantly run inside. It didn't even take him a second till he was by her side.

"Are you okay?!" Shane saw the shattered glass on the floor. The first thing he did was check her feet for any wounds, then up to her hands. There was nothing, which made him able to breathe in normally again. He still was crouching, so he hugged her waist instead of getting up.