Pale

Shadow Step: chapter: 12 Pale...

I arrive at the hospital and see Riuki sitting there.

"Ruki." He says.

"Is she ok?"

"I don't know she's been in there for quite a while now."

I just feel myself sink like the whole universe is on my shoulders. It's not right. I wish none of this would have ever happened.

We all sit there in silence. Waiting to hear something. Why did we have to fight? Why was I so hard on her? If I hadn't said that's she was in love with Kifumi none this would have ever happened. It's no one's fault but, my own...

I feel tear run down my face.

"Ruki you can't blame yourself." I hear

"Then who the hell is to blame, because it sure as fuck isn't her." They stare at me.

"She probably doesn't anything to do with me anyway." I say sinking my head.

"Ruki, you'll never know unless you try."

"I don't know if I can take the truth though."

We sat there. Just in silence. Waiting for something. Some sort of news indicating that Moka was going to be ok. finally something came.

"She's going to be ok."

The greatest news I had heard all day.

"Good thing you called when you did, much longer and she would have died for sure."

"Can we see her?" Riuki asks.

"Ok, but not for long, she's still unconscious."

Everyone walks to her room.

"Riuki." I say stopping him.

"Yeah?"

"I never did properly thank you for saving Moka."

"It's not a problem."

"Thank you still."

And we join the others.

I see her there. She had an oxygen mask on and an IV, but she was still Moka. I started crying again. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Want us to give you a minute Ruki?" I nod my head and they step out.

I knelt by her bed side and held her.

"I know you probably can't hear me, but I'm sorry ok? Just the thought of not being good enough for you makes me... I don't know. I'm sorry it came to this. You didn't deserve to feel this pain..."

I cry again and again. How can I live with myself that she tried to die because of me? It's not fair. Even if we patch things up. I'm nothing more than a constant reminder of her past.  Got up and looked at her. I kissed her lips one last time and left the room.

"Ruki? Where are you going?" Reita asked, but I didn't answer. No one followed me either witch was easier for me. I got back to my house and packed up a lot of my things. With my many suitcases I got in my car and drove to the airport. This was my only choice.

~MOKA~

I finally awoke not expecting to be in a hospital. I'm still here.

"Moka your awake!" I hear and I see all the guys, except the one I needed to see most of all. I instantly started crying.

"Moka? What's wrong?" Riuki says.

"He didn't come. He really doesn't care about me."

"Moka! Don't say that!" I looks up at him with the anger in my eyes.

"He was the first in here. He was by your side forever. He still cares and he was so worried about you. He was crying. Crying for you!" Kai yells.

"Really?" all the guys nod their heads.

"Then where is he now?"

"We don't know. He just came out of your room and left without a word, about 30 minutes ago."

"Oh..."

"Probably went to clear his head. You know how he is."

"Yeah..."

Something didn't feel right to me. If he just went to clear his head, then why didn't he just say so?

"Is he ok you think?" I ask Riuki when were alone.

"I really don't know. I may not know him as well as you do, but I don't think that's like him."

"It's not..."

"Well I think it shouldn't be long before you get releaced." We'll find him then ok?"

"ok." I smile. I just want to see him. Ever since that day we fought, I wanted to see him and try to get him to take me back.  

If he was here earlier then that means he at least cares. I don't know if almost dying was too much, but if he didn't come. God knows I probably would have tried it again. I'm just glad he came. Because now I still get to live and maybe even get back to the way things were...

Next Chapter: Dissapear...