Flipside

Shadow step 14: flip side 

Man I was so nervous to talk to him. Hell, even see him. I walked to the address he gave me and headed up to his floor. California was pretty cool but all scary at the same time. I walk down the hallway looking for the number. 

"204... 205... 206... 207."

I stand in front of the door take a deep breath and knock. I hear step coming closer. I think I'm shaking. He opens the door. His black and blonde hair in his face. His brown contact less eyes witch are that beautiful shade of light brown. 

"Takanori..." I manage to say.

He pulls me in and hugs me tight. Is he crying? 

~Ruki~

"Moka... Your alive!?"

"Of course I am."

I let go of her just seeing her up and moving made me happy, but she had to follow me. Doesn't she get it?

I go and sit on the side of the bed. She follows and sits beside me.

"You know we have something to talk about right?" I say.

"Yeah there's a lot to say." She says.

"Well I guess I'll start.... But I just don't know where to. I just feel so bad...." I couldn't stop crying. Even with her being okay it just made me sad that she went through so much just because of me. 

"Moka I never meant for anything bad to happen. Just that you went thought so much just because of me..."

"Ruki just don't say anything. You're right everything seems like it's pined you. But it's not. This is all my fault. If I just wouldn't of done anything while we were fighting and should've just work things out this would have never happened."

"But it's the same Moka. You can't just blame everything on yourself."

"But Taka you just don't get it! It is all my fault."

" Moka no it's not!"

" See here we go again sometimes I think all we do is argue."

"I know what you mean."

"But we just agreed that we argue a lot."

I smile a little at her.

"Maybe if we would stop arguing so much we could take time to hear what each other is to say."

Yeah maybe we just jump to conclusions."

" Yeah something like that is it worth dying over."

I put my arm around her and her head drops on my shoulder. 

"I'm sorry Moka."

"I'm sorry to Taka."

"Look no matter how much I explode at you I promise you that I'll always love you."

"And I promise that what ever may happen between me and other people whatever may happen between anything that I will always love you."

"That's all I need." I smiled At her and kiss her. Her soft pink lips. How much I missed them. When we come apart, I stand up and walk over to the window.  

"You know I really miss Japan, You think we should head back?" I say giving her a smile.

"Yeah." She says standing up and walking over to me. 

The funny thing is is I never felt so close to Moka the when we were apart. I mean It would appear that everything is in a be fine now. We understand each other perfectly. It feels nice. It just feels like somethings missing...

We arrived in Japan the next day. We went back home greeted everyone explained everything and things kind of went back to normal. Besides the fact that me and Moka are closer then ever.

~Moka~ 

It was a long day of shit and Ruki was sitting in bed and I got in the covers and say beside him. 

"You remember the day we met?"

"Yeah I was the new gun class and you're trying to seduce me."

"Yeah." He says giggling at the fact.

"You still have the necklace I gave you?" He asks.

"Of course I never take it off."

"Awwww." He says.

He lays down and I was about to when he throws something at me.

"Here it's for you." He says. It was just a little at box with a blue ribbon. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"Open it and find out." He says.

I untied very carefully and then look inside to see yet another box. This one was all silver. I opened it to see a silver ring with the same blue jewel in it that is in my necklace. I look and him. Hey grabs my hand and takes the ring out of the box. His upset on my finger and says ever so softly,

"I know it had our differences that I definite share of anger and hatred.  But I feel that all these things that made us closer. I know from that First day I saw you. I knew you were something special. Nothing can compare to that day ever. So where you take me to be your husband?" I was in shock I couldn't believe it. I think he was trying to read my expression but couldn't find it. An answer such as this took time but I didn't need it.

"I will."

He looks shocked to me as well. But then he smiles and embraces me tightly.

"I promise you won't  regret this."

" I know I won't"

Next chapter: [Final] Journey...