Disappear

Shadow step 13

~Moka~

Finally I was out of the horid hospital. I was starting to think I would never leave that place. I was so anxious to find Ruki I almost couldn't bear it. Riuki offered to drive me to his house which I gladly excepted. We pulled up to that familiar place and I got out of the car and just stood and looked at it for a minute. I had to take everything in for a minute. I was so ready to apologize so ready to say I'm sorry and beg him to forgive me. The thought of being alone any longer was almost too hard to think about. I mean when you almost die you come to realize something sitting in the hospital bed. It's not an experience I'd like to relive again. 

I knock on the door and wait. No answer. I knocked again nothing.

"Ruki!" I yell.

I finally keying its usual spot and stick it in the lock. I open the door and look inside to see the house almost abandon looking. 

"Ruki?"

I stepped inside and looked around. I looked around the whole house and there was nothing no one was there. Where the heck would he be it's only been two days. I can imagine where he would've gone. I have stairs and look in the bedroom there's almost nothing in there. where would he have taken everything?

Nothing was making any sense. Why would he leave me after I just got out of the hospital? I thought since i came back he would be there. I thought he cared about me again. But everything is gone from his house almost.

I walked outside and saw Riuki Still sitting out there. 

"he's not there." I say. 

"Where would he have gone?" He asks. 

"Not sure." 

He comes inside with me and we look around the house one more time. Still nothing there still the same empty house that I lookaside just a minute ago. 

"Moka I think I might have found a clue to where he went."

He called me up to Ruki's bedroom and I walked in and saw him holding a piece of paper in his hand I had no idea what it was. When I got a closer look at it I saw that it was a plane ticket. 

"Why would have a plane ticket in his room?"

"I remember these being in here the last time is saw Ruki which is about the time you two got back together From your first fight.  He talk to me about something like going away with you for a while and do a different country."

"Why would this tell us where he is?"

"Because there's only one ticket here. That explains why everything is gone he must've packed up and left for some reason."

"But why would he do that I thought..."

"If there's a reason he left it was probably to protect you not harm you."

"How is this protecting me in anyway shape or form?"

"I don't know but he must think it is?"

If this is the real reason he left... I just don't get it. None of this makes sense. Why would he leave right after I got better. And a different country. I mean I thought things were to work out okay. What was I supposed to do now? rush off to wherever the hell he went?

I took the ticket from him and looked at it more closely. I saw that the destination imprinted on the ticket was none other than California in the United States.

"It seems like a fitting place for someone like him."

"Yeah he told me about how he loves Los Angeles."