Chapter Twenty

Alex

"A school?" Aden repeated to me slowly.

"Yes, I want to build her a school. There's free land here and here." I pointed to it on the map. "It's spacious, ours since we fucking bought it, and it's just sitting there."

My father eyed me cautiously. "Son, we agreed we'd leave that for a complex or amusement park."

"No. No complex and no amusement part. I want to build her a school. I'm building her a school. I didn't come for permission. I came here to tell you what I want to do." I stated.

Aden leaned back in his chair but didn't offer me another word. He stared at the map for a few minutes and my father sighed as he grabbed the paperwork I'd been working on.

"A school?" It was my father's turn to repeat it.

"Yes, a school."

Aden stood up suddenly and gathered up the paperwork. "For Rosie?"

"Yes, for my lady."

"Okay." He nodded curtly. "Okay," Then he was walking out of the room.

"Alex," My father said. "I can see this look in your eyes. Talk to me."

"I love her, and I want to do this for her, to give her something. She's been through hell."

"I understand. You want a school then I guess we're building a school." He said. "I like her, she's got spunk and your mother is insisting we have her over."

"She's still mourning. She doesn't leave the house. Not now."

"Of course. Take care of her." He stood up and grabbed his coat. "Do you need anything, son?"

"No, dad. I'm fine. Thank you. Say hi to mom for me."

"I will."

He stepped out of my office only for Aries and Camo to run right in. I lit a cigarette and inhaled deeply, and tossed my lighter on my desk.

"How's Rosie?" Aries asked sitting down while Camo went to pour himself a drink.

"Camo, pour me one, too," I said, and he came back with two glass cups. "She's okay. Sleeping."

"I've been texting her just to check up on her. She doesn't reply. Just wanted to make sure she's okay."

"Let Rosie know we have her back. The Sinners are here for her." Camo said and I tilted my cup in his direction.

"She's just a little tired." I exhaled the smoke and took a sip. "Camo, how's business in the city?"

"Good. Mac and I followed up on that lead you asked us to. It's all good from our end, Prez."

"Good." I set the cup down. "God. I'm fucking exhausted. I was just telling Aden and dad that I wanted to open up a school for Rosie. A brand new one. A bigger one. One she can teach in forever."

"You're building her a school?" Aries asked. "Alex, that's...that's fucking amazing."

"Aden and dad agreed on the plan and tomorrow I'm heading out with a crew to the lot to break ground. I want it done as fast as possible."

"Does she know?" Camo asked.

Exhaling the smoke, I shook my head. "No. Not yet." My phone rang and I pulled it out to see it was my mom calling. "Hey, mom. What's up?"

"Hello, darling. How are you? How's Rosie?"

"Good. She's good." I finished my drink and leaned back. "How are you?"