Chapter # 1

The path which strays you from your heart is the mark of your journey to someone else's heart.

Ester, My heart never desired to be bestowed with love. It always hurts, that's why I want nothing but one thing from you. Call me, even as a stranger... so that your voice can give me consolation.

***

"Dude, did you see the leaked pictures of SG?" Henry asked, leaning on my shoulder.

"I am not interested in seeing someone's flawed body." I replied monotonously, closing my silver eyes while running my hands in my raven hairs.

I then looked at Emily from the corner of my eye and smirked, "But I am surely interested in seeing someone else." I said in a low yet deep voice.

She slyly put her hand over my arm and sat beside me, smirking.

"Wicked Girl." I sneered at her. She just laughed and shook her head.

"She was naive, she thought that I am actually her friend." she said scornfully, making me chuckle, thinking how pathetic the girl she is talking about would be.

"She dropped out because of this." Henry continued with a frown.

"I don't care." I said lowering my head. When I raised my head again, I saw no one beside me, everyone was gone and the hallway of the high school was empty. I looked around and saw no one. Perplexed, I stood up and called,

"Henry! Emily! Giselle! Leo!" No voice came.

I sighed and began to walk around, I opened the door of a random classroom, my eyes widened in horror upon seeing those unnatural yet exquisite bi-colored eyes before me. Her captivating left for brown and right for green eyes.

Her eyes bore into mine as she walked toward me with her long hazel hairs flowing along the wind. Her charm never fails to blind me as I found myself losing in her.

"Grace... " I called her, her name suited her appearance as well; graceful.

"You always get what you want. Just throw some tantrums and there you go, you have her." She said, an atrocious smirk plastered on her lips while pointing in the left direction.

I stilled when I saw the images of Ester consoling me when I was drunk and tried to commit suicide.

"I get what I want.. You truly comply with that." She laughed and then turned to me. I gave her a pleading look to stop this but then she took a step toward me as I took a step back in terror.

"But that's who you are, Desmond." She mocked, holding my collar, pulling my face close to hers. My heart felt heavy, guilt ate me up from inside, dreading to hear her next words.

"Insensible." She snarled, pushing me away and taking a round around me.

"I was never yours." I manage to reply quickly, still feeling those unnerving tribulations.

"You should have waited for me, the time was wrong, not me." She said direly.

"Desmond La Corte."

***

"Desmond!" My eyes flutter open along with a loud gasp. A heavy breath escaped my lips, stirring my mind in strange yet apprehensive thoughts. My distress gaze met an azure one, looking at me with a frown. I groggily turned my head away and covered myself with the blanket, wanting to forget what I just saw which affected my mind drastically.

"Desmond. Wake up!" Once again my name has been called by a soft low voice which is truly melodious. Unwillingly, I groaned and sat up with my eyes narrowed.