Chapter # 27

Ester, I won't lose this time.

***

"Try me Henry. I won't lose this time." I pridefully said. His expressions soon turned furious, he grit his teeth. The clattering sound gave me eerie satisfaction even though my face was skeptical.

I was devoid of any emotions but from inside I was cheering with joy for making such a progress. I wasn't scared, I was brave. I guess, after hiding my feelings from Ester for a whole year, I have become quite proficient in hiding my real emotions.

"It's time to end this, Desmond." He said firmly, standing up.

"I am looking forward to it." I finally smirked victoriously.

"You will lose Ester just like I have lost Grace."

"Her death was not my fault." I said monotonously. "It is your fault." He growled.

"That's just your pathetic excuse to blame her death on someone." I said deadpanned, looking at him bored.

He glared, "You are over confident, don't be so cocky. I will see you."

"Hmm.." I rolled off my eyes from him and waved, "We Will" I said, He cursed under his breath and left.

After he left, I heaved and began to pant to put my racing heartbeat to normal. It was damn hard to keep up a strong front and showed him that I am not getting affected by his words but in reality it was stirring my mind.

But somehow Ester's words gave me courage to keep calm and do exactly what she told me. Or else I would fall into the labyrinth once again with no hopes of salvation.

Thankfully Ester's advice helped me a lot to get through this tribulation.

I am grateful to Ester. I never thought I would be able to overcome the pain engraved in every inch but she made it reality and here I am in the middle of this chaos; Unbreakable.

I am glad to have her in my life. I want to thank her so I decided to go home with her favorite flowers; black roses as a gift for her.

I went home and hugged her from behind, "I am home." I cooed in her ears. She giggled and pulled away, "Welcome home." She greeted me.

"Well, my dear wife, thank you for everything." I said earnestly, offering her the roses.

She grinned and took them. She whiffed and said, "Thank you my dear husband. I love them" Whenever I see her smile, it calms my heart.

Her smile is my everything, she is the home I desired to live in.

"Make sure to control your urges later." Ester joked. "I'll try." I said vaguely. "Okay, leave it for now. Let's go and have dinner." She said.

I nodded and freshened up. We had dinner and went to sleep.

The next day was Sunday, after breakfast, I saw Ester making flower crowns. Ever since she began to take care of the garden, it has turned from an empty area to a refreshing point.

It has begun to give me immense equanimity. I liked being here, the way she made it beautiful is admirable. She resurrected the dead garden.

I made a cup of hot chocolate for her and walked up to her and put a crown over her head.

"This is it's right place, My Sapphire Goddess." I murmured on her neck. She chuckled and shook her head. I sat beside her and gave her the cup, "Here you go."

"Thanks. Aren't you drinking?" She asked. "No... I don't want it." She hummed and began to drink it.

"These crowns suit you a lot." I complimented.

"Thanks." She whispered.

We then sat in silence, I watched her preparing the crowns. "I love them." She said, working on them. "I can see it. They are beautiful." I said.

"By the way, Desmond-" She glanced at me from the corner of her eye, "-You have to be prepared for the upcoming event."

My heart instantly skipped a beat in dread as unwanted thoughts came to my mind. Amid doubts and complete faith in her, I found myself stuck but as weak as I am.

I need her in my life to guide my path. I exhaled my frustration and tried to give my mind some consolation and not think about it as much as I should. I gulped and prepared myself mentally for the start of the end as a tentative voice escaped my lips, "I'll try.."

I took a deep breath and made up my mind to get ready for the upcoming affliction.

I tried to give my heart some consolation saying, Ester will not leave me because she has promised to stay with me till the bitter end and I believe in her.

She will give me courage to move forward but still my heart is beating in dread. It's breaking my tranquil to think about what she will do if Henry tells any lie to her.

Please reach out to my calls of liberation and hold my hands and never let it go, I need you badly in my life. If I can't be with you, I cannot live.

I live in the streets of your love, my time stops when you look at me. My silence is an instrument which needs to be played by you, please let out the agony and grasp the ray of hope.

I put up a stoic front but my heart is bursting from my chest in dread. I received a very bad omen. I feel afraid as if something very bad is going to happen and I can't save myself from it.

It's hard to breathe due to the consternation building inside me and with my heavy steps I went home.

Why am I scared?

What is happening to me? Why do I feel something unbearable is going to happen? My hands were trembling. An unwanted tear fell from my eye.

I wiped it off and looked at it perplexed. I gulped and stood up to leave but then the door opened and revealed Tamara.

"Hey~ I came here to deliver important news." She grinned while leaning on the door.

"What do you want?" I growled. She chuckled and took a seat, "Let's talk." Control your anger. I swallowed my anger and narrowed my eyes at her.

I exhaled my fury and did what Ester told me. I patiently subdue all my wrath and took a seat. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked as calmly as possible. She smirked and put her elbow on the table, "Now that's unexpected from you."

"What?"

"Forbearance." She laughed. I rolled my eyes from her and remained silent.

"Anyways. Don't you remember me?" She asked sweetly but I know that woman is anything but sweet. I raise an eyebrow at her. "Do we know each other?" I asked.

"Not directly." She leaned back on her seat.

"Who are you?" I asked sternly.

Abruptly, Her smile faded away as a strong aura of atrocity took over, I could feel the hatred emerging from her.

The intensity of resentment increased as could feel her urge to kill me. I don't understand what I did to her that she held such a grudge against me.

She looked at me for about a minute, I leaned back on my seat, glaring at her and waiting for her to continue. I will not hastily make decisions this time. She straightened her back, letting out a scowl.

"Did you remember what you did to Emily?"